What's new

Mama Bear Almond

Item Description

Got this after only 3 days and am very impressed. Wish I'd bought MB starting off in the wetshave realm, have used Van Der Hagen previously w/o much complaint or concern.

The Almond scent is sweet and pleasant, very nice to wake up to. My little son says I 'smell pretty, but not like Mommy' which is quite the compliment from a 3 year old.

However, the MB Almond is reddening my face the moment I lather up - which doesn't happen with the VDH. Anyone else have this experience? It's only in the places that I lather up, and before I touch blade to skin.

I hope it's only the scent / essential oils and not the soap as I really like the lather MB generates, thick and smooth. I use a Merkur Futur on 2.5 w/ generic personas and a BodyShop brush, BBS with 2 passes.

Latest reviews

It's probably the scent oil I believe because I have the same reaction when I use Mama Bears Pipe Tobacco, burns like fire. I use her Ye Ole Barbershop and it doesn't have the burn.
Got this after only 3 days and am very impressed. Wish I'd bought MB starting off in the wetshave realm, have used Van Der Hagen previously w/o much complaint or concern.

The Almond scent is sweet and pleasant, very nice to wake up to. My little son says I 'smell pretty, but not like Mommy' which is quite the compliment from a 3 year old.

However, the MB Almond is reddening my face the moment I lather up - which doesn't happen with the VDH. Anyone else have this experience? It's only in the places that I lather up, and before I touch blade to skin.

I hope it's only the scent / essential oils and not the soap as I really like the lather MB generates, thick and smooth. I use a Merkur Futur on 2.5 w/ generic personas and a BodyShop brush, BBS with 2 passes.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)