What's new

Lustray Blue Spice

i just got this product in an order from atlanta barber supply.$3.50 for 14 oz/414ml.i too had passed this over as an AV clone.but another member here had posted good things about it.so i added it to my christmas order.
out of the bottle the scent is very mild spice with a baby powder scent in the background.on the skin the scent's spice tones fade pretty quick and the baby powder scent moves to the fore.within two hours it has pretty much faded away .it does not "project",the scent that remains is close to the body.now this is a winter review,i'm not sure how this would hold up in hot weather.
after a pretty rough shave i applied it with some alchohol burn that faded pretty quickly.the moisturising effect was okay.
so overall it is a pleasant a/s that is easy on the wallet and effective.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I agree that this is nothing like Aqua Velva. Nothing menthol about it.
To me, it's a nice, light, powdery, barbershoppy splash that smells very much like the Jeris talc if you're familiar with that.
As an a.s., it does what it's supposed to do. I found it refreshing. You can dump it on your head and rub it on your chest and it still would not be offensive, overpowering or sticky. But not the burn, then cool feeling you get with the more alcoholly or mentholly (are those even words?) aftershaves.
I absolutely loved the scent, and if it had any staying power at all, it would definitely be one of my favorite summer weather scents, given its affordability. To be fair, I guess I shouldn't expect it to be a cologne, but if I could find a long lasting cologne that smelled this good, I'd be all over it.
If you like a light, subtle and powdery scented a.s. that fades quickly, then this may be for you.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
displayimage.php

I've seen this product for quite some time and never bothered to order it since many vendors who sell it describe it as "a fragrance similar to Aqua Velva", and I've got plenty of Aqua Velva on hand. I can't blame them too much, if they're too lazy to open a bottle and smell it then the blue coloring could remind them of Aqua Velva.

However, I did read a description somewhere else that indicated that it actually was a spice-type fragrance, as it's name implies. I became interested and ordered a bottle. Well, it definitely is no Aqua Velva clone and in fact contains no menthol whatsoever. The fragrance is "barber shoppy" and rather pleasant but nothing to write home about. It has a "spice" fragrance but not like Old Spice... perhaps it could be described as a much lighter Old Spice without the clove component.

The fragrance is fleeting and the alcohol burn is minimal. It felt nice on my face, but lacked both the menthol freeze or the alcohol burn that I crave. It's a pleasant aftershave that is good for its price but probably not worth going out of your way to track it down.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)