What's new

Lush 'The Big Tease' Styling gel (creme)

Item Description

Well guys, what can i say, this stuff is amazing. We'll start with the smell: it contains bay oil and other goodies and is very strongly scented with natural oils. It's strong in the pot, but when on the hair smells beautiful. I'm sure people smell it when i walk past. mmmmmmmmm.

HOLD: this is strange, it starts to harden as you're adding it, we're talking a few seconds, which makes for great hold, though it doesn't look too product-laden. Now for greasers and punks, or those with spikey hair, this super hold has some serious potential! For curlies like me, it is amazing. i use it to define curls and when it dries in it leaves a nice defined 'curl memory'. if i run my fingers through it i can reduce its wet look to a nice natural looking subtle sheen, with little or no evidence of product. You can brush it out. I expect hat this stuff would suit most hair-types/cuts. Don't worry about looking like Ross from Friends, it's not your usual 'gel'. I have owned (and still own) an insane number of pomades, creams and hair gels, mouses, serums over the years, and this one stands out as probably the best. Can be used on my hair when it's too long for anything else i own. In fact, a lot of women rave about it. Do check out the reviews on their website.

Ingredients: again check out their website... amazingly natural for the most part, full of good stuff, makes hair look and feel good. No alcohol so doesn't irritate my psoriasis.

Price/quality etc: well over here in the UK, it is £6.95. If it were twice that i'd happily pay for what i get. A pot should last a good while and being 100ml, can be taken with me on holiday. The container good quality, unlikely to leak during travel and looks, well just ok. Container is strong, slightly bendy (in a rubbery way) plastic - unlikely to crack easily. It's not a dapper dan tin, but looks good enough. Black with white writing as you can see.

What can i say, ask for a sample. Or, like i did, go into Lush, rub some of the sample pot in and stand in awe of how it hardens so quickly. Then you'll probably just go ahead and buy some, as i did!

I'm using this in conjunction with their Squeaky Green solid shampoo bar (Mini review:) and my scalp psoriasis are not only not irritated, but seem a lot clearer of flaking! I used to dread washing my hair as it would be fuzzy and dry for days, even with expensive shampoos, but this stuff makes it like silk. i don't even need conditioner. Now i can wash my hair more frequently without worrying. i asked my mother to try it (she gets dry hair too) and forgot i'd lent it to her until she walked in with shiny grey hair, i was amazed. Then lent it to my gf and immediately noticed how lovely her hair was. So i've ordered her one of their solid shampoo bars too.

What can i say, these products are great!

Latest reviews

Well guys, what can i say, this stuff is amazing. We'll start with the smell: it contains bay oil and other goodies and is very strongly scented with natural oils. It's strong in the pot, but when on the hair smells beautiful. I'm sure people smell it when i walk past. mmmmmmmmm.

HOLD: this is strange, it starts to harden as you're adding it, we're talking a few seconds, which makes for great hold, though it doesn't look too product-laden. Now for greasers and punks, or those with spikey hair, this super hold has some serious potential! For curlies like me, it is amazing. i use it to define curls and when it dries in it leaves a nice defined 'curl memory'. if i run my fingers through it i can reduce its wet look to a nice natural looking subtle sheen, with little or no evidence of product. You can brush it out. I expect hat this stuff would suit most hair-types/cuts. Don't worry about looking like Ross from Friends, it's not your usual 'gel'. I have owned (and still own) an insane number of pomades, creams and hair gels, mouses, serums over the years, and this one stands out as probably the best. Can be used on my hair when it's too long for anything else i own. In fact, a lot of women rave about it. Do check out the reviews on their website.

Ingredients: again check out their website... amazingly natural for the most part, full of good stuff, makes hair look and feel good. No alcohol so doesn't irritate my psoriasis.

Price/quality etc: well over here in the UK, it is £6.95. If it were twice that i'd happily pay for what i get. A pot should last a good while and being 100ml, can be taken with me on holiday. The container good quality, unlikely to leak during travel and looks, well just ok. Container is strong, slightly bendy (in a rubbery way) plastic - unlikely to crack easily. It's not a dapper dan tin, but looks good enough. Black with white writing as you can see.

What can i say, ask for a sample. Or, like i did, go into Lush, rub some of the sample pot in and stand in awe of how it hardens so quickly. Then you'll probably just go ahead and buy some, as i did!

I'm using this in conjunction with their Squeaky Green solid shampoo bar (Mini review:) and my scalp psoriasis are not only not irritated, but seem a lot clearer of flaking! I used to dread washing my hair as it would be fuzzy and dry for days, even with expensive shampoos, but this stuff makes it like silk. i don't even need conditioner. Now i can wash my hair more frequently without worrying. i asked my mother to try it (she gets dry hair too) and forgot i'd lent it to her until she walked in with shiny grey hair, i was amazed. Then lent it to my gf and immediately noticed how lovely her hair was. So i've ordered her one of their solid shampoo bars too.

What can i say, these products are great!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)