What's new

LUSH Prince Shaving Cream

Item Description

The only product I've ever thrown away.

Price: Entirely irrelevant. Not worth it at any cost. Not worth walking ten feet into the store to ask for a free sample. Not worth taking precious seconds out of the life of your conscious mind in order to even consider it.

Quality: If this is anything near quality, I'm switching back to Barbasol.

Scent: Superb. It's orange, but not a single-note so there's complex layers which aren't overpowering. Less of a "scent", more of an "aroma".

Latherability: Don't even think about it. I put a massive scoop in my bowl and went to lather it and it disappeared. Literally. This was not a good sign and I should have considered myself warned, but I thought this must be the weakest cream in the world so I doubled the amount. Now I could see a greasy white film on the bowl and brush. That is as good as it got, and by "good", i mean "terrible". It took me half an hour to clean my brush well enough to be able to finish by lathering up some real cream.

Efficacy: So, being the foolish trooper that I am, I decided to try it brushless anyway. That experiment lasted for a single stroke of the razor. Enough said.

Moisturizing Properties: After this single stroke, I put my razor down and returned to the bedroom where I keep my shaving stash, for there was no way I was destroying my face in order to provide this review with grotesque pictures. Upon returning to the bathroom twenty seconds later, I looked in the mirror to discover that the Lush "cream" had dried already and, had I been meaning to actually continue shaving with it, I would have had to reapply altogether.

Packaging: Black tub. It's okay.

Please discuss this review here.

Latest reviews

Pros: None
Cons: Just about everything
After spreading a generous amount of this product on my face, I could feel the scraping of my Astra blade in my Fat Boy razor (set on 3) as it mowed down the stubble on my face and generously exfoliated the top few layers of my skin. If I had shaved with a blowtorch, it would have felt better. This product has absolutely NO redeeming qualities whatsoever.

The 1's in my review aren't 0's because I don't have that option in the pull down menu. Seriously, this stuff is a waste of the recycled (yay!) plastic container!

Forcing a prison inmate to shave with this stuff would be cruel an unusual punishment. A man waiting on death row would likely put the needle in his own arm before using this stuff twice.

AVOID AVOID AVOID!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
First of all this is a brushless non-lathering shaving cream. Let me say it one more time. you do not lather this cream. I think it was clear on the tub, on the store display and the sales associate even me one more time. This shaving cream does not lather.

So how do you use it? Well This is what I did. After I stepped out of the shower I applied some of the cream to my beard by hand. The product wasn't caked on but it was a liberal application. I did a downward pass, rinsed and reapplied. I did this for each pass until I was done. No sting, no razor burn, no nicks or cuts. It was a great shave!

This product is a little pricey for what it is but the product is high quality. The over all sent is bland, in fact some may not like it at all. Do I really need to mention this is not a lathering shaving cream again? Not needing a brush or even to work up a lather makes this a very fast and easy product to use. It washes clean away with little residue. My skin felt refreshed and like butter by the time I was done. By far the best of any shaving cream I used. I didn't even bother with a post shave balm. The product comes in a nice recycled plastic tub. If you save the tubs Lush will give you a free product one when you return 5.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I, like others, bought this as a result of a female friends general enthusiasm for the Lush brand.

Yes it's a brushless cream. Yes it works ok.

Alas it in no way resembles a manly shaving experience. Instead it's an experience akin to stealing your girlfriends moisturiser and shaving with that.

Not my cup of tea.

Item information

Added by
Xert
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Shaving Creams (Reviews)

More from Xert

Top Bottom