What's new

Lucky Tiger Shaving Lotion

Pros: Has a number of soothing/healing ingredients that help with post-shave. Scent is pleasant, but not overpowering nor lingering. Works as advertised.
Cons: None.
This product is unique in that it really fits the bill to help soothe post-shave problems. It's affordable and effective. The scent is a very faint citrus that isn't overpowering nor does it linger which is nice if you want to use an additional aftershave splash or cologne for scent reasons. This will always be in my shave rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Lots of lather, comfortable shave, close shave.
Cons: I had to reapply lather several times. Lather becomes thin
I have been hearing a lot about this cream and wanted to try it. Well after looking for it at several stores and not finding it I decided to order it off of west coast shaving. I got my bottle in a couple days and I used a boar brush. I used a small shaving bowl to lather this even though it says brushless. I was surprised to see a lot of lather come out of the cream. I enjoyed the citrusy smell, and proceeded to apply it to my face. It felt good to put on but one problem I had was that the lather did not stay long. I had to reapply lather even though there was a lot in my bowl. I did work the cream with the brush for a couple minutes and got lots of lather but it didn't stay thick for a long time. It became thin after a couple minutes on my face. I used an injector razor thinking it was going to clog up the razor but it did not. This cream did give me a smooth and close comfortable shave. I had not cuts or razor burn. I did two passes but to reapply lather on both passes. I don't know if the first reviewer got the name wrong but I have not seen any shaving lotion by Lucky Tiger. It's called Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream Shave. I'm going to shave with this cream again to see if I get better results.

I give this cream a 7/10
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Lather – for the first 4 minutes.
Cons: Lather – after the first 4 minutes.
First off to be fair, I have really hard water and add a single drop of glycerin to everything in order to produce a fuller lather. When I saw the lather being amassed in my bowl from the sample of Lucky Tiger sample I got though, I was excited thinking, this may be the product I needn’t do that with as it was copious!

Like another reviewer stated though, after putting it on my face and letting it sit it dried so quickly that I had to add a little water to the bowl, work it in, and reapply. On my second pass with my straight I had to reapply in the middle of my shave.

It may be the hard water that caused it to fail for me but considering I found it to also be rather scentless, and though certainly not the worst product I ever used, I doubt I’ll ever buy any.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I received a sample of Lucky Tiger from QED and all i can say is I loaded a Shark Chrome into a Merkur HD and got a DFS/BBS. Would I buy some LT in the future...yes. The lather was nice and thick and didnt fade away. The citrus scent was nice and not overwhelming. All in all a tad pricey but a great cream none the less :thumbup1:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
I like this stuff but I don't think as highly of it as others do. It's pretty affordable and lathers like a madman but the orange scent gets old pretty quickly. Also, the lather dries out in relatively quickly and disappears in my shave bowl between passes. It's not really slick at all from what I can tell and I don't feel it moisturizes all that well. As with everything, YMMV but that's just my two cents.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Great stuff, mounds of shiny, slick lather. It has a great orange scent but with something else, maybe spicey, type of scent mixed in. In my experience it can take a little water or it can take alot of water, whatever floats your boat. Great old fashioned looking bottle and has become one the chosen few.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I like this stuff as well. I picked up the set that came in the retro looking tin. Set had the shave lotion, after shave tonic, face wash and aftershave/moisturizer. The shave lotion can be a little tricky to use especially if you're used to regular soaps and creams, but it isn't rocket science. I really enjoy the scent as it has an orange aroma with some woodsy/herbal type notes as well. Leave the tonic in the fridge and splash on after you shave...oh yeah!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
A very good product, with a wonderful scent! Just keep having oranges and lather going through my mind as I'm getting ready. :biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I received that excellent product from my friend Hugh in US (thanks again!) and tried it for the first time this morning.
I must say It's an excellent SC. It's very different from what I've tried before.
Latherability is fantastic : one of the best together with Fraser's SC!
I don't have a very sensitive skin but I'm sure it could help people with that kind of problem. No nicks, no cuts, a BBS shave :cool:
I also like the packaging (cool bottle)
Again It's so sad that this product is so hard to find in Europe as I'm quiet sure it coul be a hit here!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Love everything about this shaving lotion. The first shaving "cream" I used that haven't given my sensitive skin irritation. Really like the old school bottle as well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
On impulse, while at a niche drug store, I saw a bottle of Lucky Tiger Shaving Lotion. (the only LT product they had on the shelf.) Thinking it was an a/s balm, I purchased it. I was disappointed this morning when I read the label and realized it was a shaving cream. The package label said it could be applied straight, or with a brush. I was ready to return it, but decided to give it a try.
I squirted a very small amount of the lotion into my mug, and began working it up with my super badger brush. ( I forget the brand, I've had it so long --over 25 years--all markings have worn off.) I have never seen such lather in my life! The quantity was astounding--as I worked the brush and pumped it up and down a few times, the lather kept pouring out of my mug. I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing. finally, I decided to put it on my face. Warm, wet, comfortable, with a mild citrus scent. My guess was that it would be a rather limp, entirely too wet product, but I was shocked when I realized that this lather has some of the best structure I've ever seen. It went on my face and stayed there. Two minutes later, it was still in place with no visible signs of breakdown. The squeeze test on the brush produced even more moist, well-structured lather.
Then the shave. first pass with the Merkur Slant. Incredibly smooth, slick, well lubricated. I had to work a bit to control the razor to ensure that it didn't go too fast. After the first pass, a quick rinse and an examination. Far less stubble than I ordinarily get. Applying more lather (plenty left on brush and in mug) and make second pass with Merkur Futur. The job was done and my face was as smooth as I've ever seen it.
While a few days will need to pass before I can assess the full moisturizing ability of this product, I can state without a moment's hesitation that this is the best lather I have ever produced-it worked up in no time at all, was as wet as I have ever imagined a lather to be, and had excellent structure. The shave, as noted above, was smooth and slick with absolutely no nicks.
Now as to where to find the product, that may be a bit more difficult. Lucky Tiger's own website doesn't list the product at all. Nordstrom's carries a decent range of Lucky Tiger products including something called Liquid Cream Shave and this may in fact be the same product under a different label althought they claim it is a Nordstrom exclusive.
Note: this is not the same as their brushless shave which is a cream that is applied straight just before shaving. This is a true shaving lather but unlike any I've ever seen before. You can find the same product at Zooscape.
All in all I would highly recommend this product for its excellent, wet and well structured lather. It provides excellent lubrication and an extremely smooth shave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)