What's new

Lucky Tiger Aspen Aftershave Lotion

Pros: Inexpensive and Effective
Cons: not a great healer
Although Aspen will probably never dethrone Clubman as the top quintessential barbershop product, Lucky Tiger Aspen deserves high honorable mention. If you are looking for an inexpensive splash with a very subtle fragrance, which has that 'old school' vibe, Aspen would be a great choice. For those who find Clubman overpowering this would be a great alternative. It goes on with very little sting and fades quickly. Does its' job and leaves. I would describe the scent as 'spicy Barbicide berries". This stuff deserves a spot high on the 'barbershop fragrance' pantheon.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I agree with the OP about the initial smell. It is rather skunky. But that goes away quickly, and the end result is wonderful. I don't know how to describe the final scent, but I really like it a lot.

It seems to fight razor burn quite well. I don't feel any real cooling effect at all. The alcohol burn is negligible. I'm not sure what in the ingredients would be a moisturizer, but it does make my face feel pretty nice.

All in all, I really like this aftershave, and will continue to use it. And at about $7 for a large bottle, it is a pretty good value as well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I just got a bottle of Aspen and have been using it for the last few days. The more I use it the more I like it. I was expecting either an aqua velva type scent (because of the color) or a cool woodsy scent because of the name, and it ended up being neither. What it ended up reminding me of is wet leaves and moss that I have become more fond of the more I use it. I really enjoy the scent and while it is neither as cooling, nor does it have the alcohol burn I like, I do enjoy using it. I think this will have a regular spot in my rotation along with Clubman bay rum and Master lilac vegetol. That list is likely to grow however as I haven't yet worked my way through all the AS I received recently.
Another great Lucky Tiger aftershave - I found it marginally less harsh than their Bay Rum, but neither product really burns. This is a standard alcohol-based aftershave - not very moisturizing, good at tightening the pores. The smell is delightful once it sets.

When I sniff this in the bottle or first put it on I swear to god it smells like marijuana - skunky and vegetable. I couldn't believe it, coming out of a blue bottle labeled "Aspen." But the weed smell dissipates completely and almost instantly, leaving a cool, dry, light fragrance. To me it evoked seagrass and the beach more than skiing. Very nice for the spring and summer. The scent doesn't last very long and is mild enough that you might be able to use a different cologne afterward.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)