What's new

Lucky Tiger After Shave & FAce Tonic

Pros: great feel, scent
Cons: scent duration
I prefer my AS lotions under $10, but I had heard great things about Lucky Tiger. It's a witch hazel based AS, which is fine by me. I use WH on a regular basis. The scent is outstanding, but lasts an hour tops. It's a great lotion for warmer weather especially when youre wanting to wear a different scent on top. Today was some expensive EDT my wife bought me. Very high quality product.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Face feels good after splash, lasts a long time
Cons: Might have to add more product in certain areas.
I've been wanting to try this aftershave for a very long time. I kept hearing positive feedback on it and decided to buy a bottle. When I used it I made sure I used the Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream because they have the same smell. After finishing my shave I dried my face before using the tonic and I was surprised at how my skin felt after splashing it on. Now I'm a balm guy so I was originally told that this was a thick liquid but it didn't feel like it to me. But after using it my face felt protected and very soft and smooth for the entire day. I could not believe it. My face still felt good the next day and then I was glad I bought a bottle. I will continue using it even though it's not a balm. Check it out. And it's not pricey at all.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: great smell. NO burn
Cons: N/A
I picked up a bottle of this stuff a few years back. It's a simple aftershave/tonic with no hidden extras. I really like the light citrus smell. (Think tangerine/orange)

The smell fades relatively quickly, so it does not really interfere with any EDT or EDP that you might later use.

No alcohol burn because I don't believe it contains any alcohol. It does not make my skin greasy after use which is a plus. I use mine frequently during the summer. Recommended
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Feels great after a shave
Cons: It's not a cream, so it's not for those with dry skin.
I use it and apply cream after it dried up. If you have dry skin, this might not be your product because it doesn't apply any moisturizing oil.

The scent goes away quickly as it's supposed to, but gives you a great experience. You use perfume for scent.

It's a natural product that feels like a reward for your effort of shaving.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice subtle fragrance
Cons: Alcohol free (I like the 'freshness' that alcohol based after shaves provide)
I like my after shaves with a bit of 'kick' that alcohol based ones provide. Therefore, I was not to impressed with this one, although I knew before hand that it was alcohol free.
The scent is very nice and subtle and the lotion gives a very nice moisturizing effect.
However, the lack of any alcohol means I will not be a repeat user.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: It serves the true purpose of an after shave
Cons: None whatsoever
I have used several aftershaves. They have all tried to be colognes, and have ignored their supposed purpose for being... then I tried this product.

This is the only true aftershave I have found. It is designed to sooth the face after brutally scraping away your hair follicles with a bit of sharpened steel. In this task it excels.

It soothes without sting or burn. Your face goes AHHHHHHHHHHH!

No really, you can feel your face go ahhhh. You're all raw and stingy and ouchy, 'cause, you know, sharp metal on soft flesh, then suddenly ahhhhh on contact with this. If you listen carefully you can hear a sigh of relief from your face.

There is a slight hint of fragrance that most people describe as citrus, which is true, but it falls on the sweet curacao end of the citrus spectrum. I'm almost tempted to see how it is in a sidecar.

The point is, the smell is not the point. It does what it is suppose to do- soothe your face after shaving, and it does that exceptionally well. The smell is nearly non-existent. Just a sweet little something thrown in- lagniappe!

As far as moisturizing, it does that exceptionally well too. I've had a dry patch between my cheek and under-eye forever. This stuff is the only thing that ever made it disappear. There are real ingredients in this product and chamomile is awesome for your skin.

I endorse this product heartily. You may have noticed I've used the word exceptional several times. I do not use the word lightly. This product truly is exceptional.

If you are looking for man-boy stinkum- it is sadly lacking. That is to it's benefit. If you want stinkum, bathe in your nancy-boy (er, I mean MANLY) cologne after you have properly healed your face with this marvelous product.

Cheers.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Alcohol Free, Great scent, refreshes the face, a little bit goes a long way.
Cons: None.
Several members here at B&B had made comments about this product and what a positive experience they had had with it. I was viewing some YouTube videos made by mantic59 and noticed that at the end of one of his shaving sessions he splashed a little Lucky Tiger and that got me to thinking that I should see what all this was about.

First, people should know that Lucky Tiger makes a couple of traditional after shave splashes that contain alcohol. This is the "After Shave & Face Tonic" which is alcohol free and contains a number of soothing oils and ingredients. Here is the ingredient list:

Purified Water (Aqua), Polysorbate 20, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance (Citrus Essential Oils).

First, let me say that there is a very pleasant scent of orange when you open the bottle. This scent is somewhat fleeting when you apply but in the grand scheme of things is no more or less long lasting than other after shaves.

It feels wonderful on the face. Since it is alcohol free, there is no burn, just a nice gentle cooling, soothing, and rejuvenating feeling. You don't have to use very much either, so it is quite economical. For a liquid splash it is quite moisturizing and I can only attribute that to the various oils that the makers use.

The company states that they have been around since 1935 and I can only assume that this is one of their original or older products. I can see why it has stood the test of time. It works quite well and gives you a lot in return for what you paid.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)