What's new

Lubriderm Men's 3-IN-1 LOTION

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Irritated my skin
Perhaps I am allergic to something in the ingredients. Drawn to the low price for an "unscented" aftershave product I recently purchased this stuff. Almost immediately after applying this product to my face following what appeared to be a rather smooth shave free of unusual irritation my skin felt stinging and burnt. I checked in a mirror and the area the product was applied to was crimson red. I rinsed it off and applied witch hazel which diminished the burning sensation. The stuff while "unscented" actually smells quite nasty. This product really is just another cheap petrolatum based skin lotion relabeled as an after shave balm. I would recommend avoiding it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
After saving a coupon for this, I have been looking for this new lotion. Here is what is on the front of the plastic 16 oz. pump bottle. "Lubriderm", "dermatoligist developed", Men's 3-IN-1 Lotion", "Body, Face & Post-Shave Lotion", Light Fragrance", "Triple action formula moisturizes, improves and soothes skin", "Aloe-enriched formula helps soothe skin after shaving", Light, fast absorbing formula". Since this is new, I tried to find this at our local CVS, Rite Aid, and Wegman's stores. I finally found it at Walmart. I assume the other stores should carry it soon. Cost was under $7 before the coupon I used so for a 16 oz. bottle, I gave cost a 10 rating. Lubriderm has a good reputation for all of their lotions and if you look at the ingredients, this is a good quality lotion. It is easily adsorbed by my skin. If you go too heavily, it will leave your skin a little tacky for a while until it is adsorbed. Fragrance is hard to score. It is a very pleasant "light" fragrance and does not last long. If you are looking for a heavy fragrance that lasts a long time, you will need to add something else on top of this. Some fragrances bother my allergies so I would give the fragrance a high score for being light. Someone else may give it a lower score for not being a heavy enough fragrance. It does a very good job of soothing the skin after shaving. For those of you who like to see Aloe in the ingredients, this is a plus. I also tried it on the rest of my face as a moisturizer and it works for that also. Probably not as cooling as an alcohol based AS so I only gave it a 7 but I prefer the non-alcohol AS. This is my first review so I thought it should be on a product that hasn't been reviewed here before. In summary under $7 for a 1 pint bottle of AS Balm (lotion per Lubriderm) that works great is hard to beat. Only downside is it will take forever to use it all up so when do we try all of these other AS available out there.
Top Bottom