What's new

Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo

I bought a bottle of this blind from Caswell Massey after reading the reviews on Basenotes, and I am glad I did. This is a quality, masculine, subtle fragrance with a mediteranean feel which is great for the warmer weather. The top notes are a really nice citrus accord-I agree with the previous reviewer, I wished this lasted longer and I am not a huge fan of the middle notes because of the strong pepper. However, I really like the wood and musk of the basenotes.

And you really can't beat the bottle it comes in, it is extremely elegant and refined.

My only issue with this fragrance is its staying power-On me at least it doesn't last that long. Maybe I just need to go a slight bit heavier on it. Ultimately though I am very happy with this-I have also heard that LV also offers shaving items in this same line which I would really like to try-I haven't found them online yet though, guess it's an excuse to plan a trip to Florence!
Villoresi Uomo is a magnificent fragrance. It is one of my signature colognes and I have worn it for about four years. It's complexity is incredible, while it still maintains a fairly conservative overall presentation. It is not loud by any means. It is almost avante garde, but most people wouldn't notice that. All the Villoresi blue bottle colognes are top quality and worth praise and purchasing. Uomo is a classic in its own right.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
From Lorenzo Villoresi:

"Outcomes of citrus and green. Peppers and Tuscan Spices. Woods of Sandal of Mysore, Oakmoss, Patchouli and Vetiver Bourbon. Strength in the form of resins, roots, vegetable mousses and Asian balsams.

Top note
Bergamot, Petitgrain, Laurel, Lemon, Orange, Coriander, Lavender, Elemi

Middle note
Neroli, Sage, Juniper, Clove, Pepper, Thyme

Base note
Vetiver, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk, Oakmoss, Cedarwood, Rosemary"

The top notes here are quite wonderful. A splendid coupling of citrus lemon and orange with bergamot and some peppery notes.

Moving from the top to mid notes, the citrus notes are still present with the peppery notes getting stronger along with some wood notes. The clove is subtle.

The basenotes are primarily peppery with wood and musky notes.

Staying power is reasonable. Although the opening notes are quite nice, the pepper here is a bit overwhelming for me. I wished it would have retained its citrus opening with some pepper and clove. After a while I wanted this off of me due to the pepper scent.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)