What's new

Lorenzo Villoresi Dilmun - Fantasy Collection

From Lorenzo Villoresi:

"Dilmun is the paradise of the ancient Mesopotamians, the place where the sun rises and where the Sumerian creation myth takes place.

A citrus top note with green and floral nuances opens into a heart of Neroli and Orange Blossoms, with touches of Opoponax, Incense,Laurel and Flowers, on a background of Citrus and fragrant resins, with light hints of aromatic Woods, Vanilla and floral extracts.

Top note
Citrus, Rose, Jasmin, Orange blossom, Green Leaves and Neroli

Middle note
Petitgrain, Neroli, Orange Blossom, Laurel, Opoponax, Incense

Base note
Notes of Citrus, Floral extracts, Elemi, Vanilla, Cedarwood and Sandalwood"

This one starts off a bit too strong with the floral jasmin notes. Once the initial blast is done (2-5 min), The excellent mix of floral rose jasmin, orange and citrus shines through. Fabulous quality. I must say there is a sligh note of baby oil type of smell similar to some Penhaligons scents. I'm beginning to think this is just a natural event with such a mixture of floral and other notes.

I enjoyed the mid notes here because I have never seen any scents citrus notes get stronger after the initial top notes. This one does exaclty that. Orange blossom and rose floral notes remain mid through mixed well with the citrus notes.

The base notes remain similar to the mid notes with some vanilla coming through as a bit of wood notes show up as well. No powdery notes.

Good staying power, excellent quality and overall scent. As mentioned in some of my other reviews I'm not a floral scent person but this one is great because it retains a slight citrus note. Many scents are unable to achieve this citrus during the mid-base notes. I would have liked a stronger citrus low note but that would have made it perfect and they have to keep us guessing!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)