What's new

Lord Super Stainless (green-blue)

Item Description

I tested these blades straight after using Merkur blades for a month. And I must say, these are way smoother and more forgiving.

Price: the cheapest around :biggrin:

Quality: performs very well for the first two time, but looses sharpness afterwards

Sharpness: almost as sharp as the Merkur blades, but way smoother and forgiving - no nicks or irritation for the first two shaves

Longevity: as mentioned before, the good performance lasts for two shaves, after the third shave minor irritation and some nicks appear - the same after the forth (that is how far I pushed them)

Smoothness: smoother than the Merkur blades, and still gives a shave as close as the Merkurs :thumbup1:

Packaging: poor, very poor. 10 pieces come in a cardboard box, wrapped in the outer coloured paper and a wax paper (that does not fully cover the blade, but covers the edges) inside. No disposal rack added. :frown:

To sum up all being said, it is a good starter blade. Dirt cheap, sharp - giving a smooth shave - and forgiving with the newbie.
Gonna try the other kind of Lord blades for sure!

Latest reviews

Pros: None
Cons: Longevity
Cool looking package and relatively cheap price, but this blade stays sharp for only two shaves! It's smooth enough and doesn't pull, but by the end of the second shave you're ready to throw it away. It became extremely dull very quickly. I shave my whole face with one edge and the next day I shave with the other edge. I usually get six days out of a Personna blue shaving this way. These lasted two days only. At 13 cents a blade I'll stick with the Personnas instead of the 25 cent Lords.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Cons: Quality per blade is a lottery. Mostly at the poor end, but sometimes (just) ok
The only consistency of these between each blade was inconsistency. Ranging from an acceptable shave, to nicks all over the place, and everything in between. I can't recommend these in good conscience.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: cheap
Cons: rough
I was disappointed by these blades. The end result was almost BBS, but there was a lot of tugging and pulling to get there. Not a bad blade for the money but there are definitely better offerings out there.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)