What's new

Lord Super Chrome

Pros: "Sweet" and very sharp
Cons: Longevity
Excellent blades, maybe the best of Lord Razor Company.

My first choice when I need an easy and very deep shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Um...everything eslse?
Cheap blade, so that's a plus. Don't expect more than 1 shave. I just went for my 2nd shave and had the worst one of my life.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Price - I picked these up in a sampler pack, so price is N/A
Quality - Good. Solid.
Sharpness - It holds a good edge. I can shave about 3-4 days on one side, then I flip it over for 1 more day.
Longevity - 5 days, not bad. I put these in on Monday morning and I was good until Friday. Skipped shaving on the weekend, and then back at it again on Monday.
Smoothness of Shave - Pretty decent. By the middle of the week I had a couple patches and by Friday, overall, I was a little rough.
Packaging - Standard envelope package.
I received 10 of these from lli about 6 months ago, soon after I first started shaving with a DE. I found I could get good results with Derbys right off so stuck with them as a rule until trying Feathers and DORCOs more consistently of late. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and attributing any poor results to my poor technique, I held off writing a review. But even now, every attempt to shave with these blades is aborted before even the end of the first pass. They grab and produce irritation wtg and xtg consistently.

While I can't say with authority that these results are the fault of the blade, I've gotten excellent results with any of the 12-15 blades I've tried, with the exception of the odd "bad blade." Most will allow me to finish 4 passes with little to no irritation at this point and more than one will deliver a very tolerable shave with two quick passes. These were never comfortable, and one gave me the first of my DE nicks.

I tried these mostly in a HD, a SS, and the Feather Portable that was my stently.

While I can't say with authority that these results are the fault of the blade, I've gotten excellent results with any of the 12-15 blades I've tried, with the exception of the odd "bad blade." Most will allow me to finish 4 passes with little to no irritation at this point and more than one will deliver a very tolerable shave with two quick passes. These were never comfortable, and one gave me the first of my DE nicks.

I tried these mostly in a HD, a SS, and the Feather Portable that was my clear favorite for a while, but enough is enough.
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
lli sent me 3 packs of lord blades. Lord Super Chrome is the first I tried, I'll post reviews about the others during the next weeks. I consider myself a newbie so don't expect expert reviews.
The Lord Super Chrome seemed quite sharp to me, sharper than the derby, the only other blade I have used is Dorco. The cheeks were easy WTG and
XTG, but the neck, chin and moustache were hard. I bleeded several times without even understanding that I did something wrong at the moment, sly blade. The blade worked for 2 shaves 3 passes each then started to drag. The blade was packed twice but was bent in the corners while in the pack. I don't think I will be using them but I have a good thing to say about them. I shaved after not having shaved for almost a week and they did quite a good job in the first pass.

Cheers

Panos
A fellow member sent me a pack of these blades to try. I do not have a heavy beard at all. These blades worked fine for me, The shaves I got were smooth with not much of any irritation. I have used other blades Derby, Bic, IP, Red IP, Feather, Dorko, and a few others. I was pleased with the results of the Lord Super Chrome, But with everything YMMV.

Eddie
I received these from a fellow forum member who requested a review after my test drive. I tested two of these blades in my general shaving routine before posting this review. That is, I used each for six shaves with a variety of soaps and creams.

Quality: My standard bearer for DE blades is the Derby. I've tried nearly a dozen different brands and I always return to the Derby as my every day blade. With that in mind, my first shave with each Lord blade was much rougher than the Derby and the second shave only slightly less. The blade smooths out in shaves 3 through 5, but the first couple of shaves require patience and tolerance. For that reason, I downgraded this blade on quality. However, I did manage six shaves from each (although 6 was clearly the limit).

Sharpness: A very sharp blade. For me, the true measure of sharpness is time. That is, a sharp blade provides a shave that will sustain longer. I don't have a heavy beard, but I must shave every day to avoid a ragged appearance. With this blade, I felt little stubble after 12 hours and on the day I traditionally miss (Saturday) I didn't look too overgrown. For me, sharpness is this blade's best feature. I also appreciated the notched edges which prevented me from nicking myself on my ATG pass under my nose.

Longetivity: I've come to expect 6 decent shaves from a blade. Not all meet this expectation. By the time of the sixth shave, I knew this blade wouldn't see 7.

Smoothness: A little bi-polarity here. Shaves 1 and 2 tugged and pulled and even abraded my face in a couple of spots. Shaves 3 through 5 were as smooth as a Derby or a Crystal. By shave 6, the blade became tired and ragged.

Packaging: Again, a tale of two standards. The box packaging caused me to worry whether the blades could become damaged in shipping for lack of adequate protection. The individual blade was wrapped nicely twice and provided more than enough protection.

In summary, the Lord Supre Chrome blade provided a satisfactory shave. For me, it didn't top the Derby (or even a Crystal) but I wouldn't hesitate to put it in my razor again.
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I'm fairly new to DE shaving, but I thought I'd give these a try.

So far I've only used Feather, Merkur, and Care One brands. I'd rank these blades just a little below the Merkur, the shave was good, but I didn't think it was as close to the Feather or Merkur. I was still able to acheive a BBS with these blades.

I only have to shave like 2 or 3 times a week. I an Chinese and I don't grow too much facial hair. So this blade lasted over two weeks for me before I had to switch to a new blade.

Over all a pretty good blade.
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
This is the Chrome version of the stainless Lord Blade .

It is sharper, but less durable. The first couple (2-3)of shaves are fine/great, but then they go downhill (fast). For one or two pass approach, they still perform good, but the 3rd (ATG) is not good enough (on the third shave that is).

I would rank them sharper than Derby's, and sharper than everything else I have tried so far but not having tried feather, I would not dare to rank them as very sharp.
Maybe someone else can comment on how they compare to the feathers.

Without a price reference (I got them for free), it is kind of hard to judge them properly. If they are very cheap and I can "afford" to change blades every two days: great. If not...... not so great.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)