What's new

Lord Premium Safety Razor Model LP.1822 aka L6

Item Description

I found this one at my local discount pharmacy when I went to buy some blades.
It's made in Egypt! The have a website:

http://www.razorslord.com/Packages/LP1822.asp

The razor is a bit top-heavy because the blade holder is heavier than the long aluminum crosshatched handle (4 inches long). This is a nice product for the price. Not bad for a cheapo blister pack sold item.

Purchased at Navarro Discount Pharmacy in Miami, Florida USA---$3.99!!! Buy it!

Also be sure to check out the interesting photos of their manufacturing plant, other products, and wallpaper images!! LOL!!!:w00t:

ADDED NOTE;
For point of clarity, there are two versions of the Lord model LP1822. The original (and now discontinued) model that has a head on it that greatly resembles that of a late model Gillette Tech.

There is also a newer version that has a head resembling that of a 3 piece Merkur razor.

It would appear that this review is for the older style razor that has the Tech like head.

For the newer style LP1822 with the Merkur like head, please see this review:

Lord Premium Safety Razor Model LP.1822 (with new Merkur Like Head)

Note also, that the link provided in the review above now takes you to specs for the updated version of the razor that features the Merkur like head.

Latest reviews

The LORD "Premium" is one of the best deals out there on a new razor. It's aggressive enough to give a great shave, while remaining very safe and forgiving. A great razor for proselytizing - the newb will get great results with little effort!:thumbup:
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
For point of clarity, there are two versions of the Lord model LP1822. The original (and now discontinued) model that has a head on it that greatly resembles that of a late model Gillette Tech.

There is also a newer version that has a head resembling that of a 3 piece Merkur razor.

From what I can tell, this review is for the older style razor that has the Tech like head.

For the newer style LP1822 with the Merkur like head, please use this review thread instead:

Lord Premium Safety Razor Model LP.1822 (with new Merkur Like Head)

Note also, that the link provided in the first review will now take you to specs for the updated version of the razor that features the Merkur like head.
This was my first razor. The Gillette Tech was recommended to me by the folk on B&B, so I went to Amazon to buy one. When it arrived, I was greeted by this monstrosity.

It wasn't the Tech, no it was something different. The razor itself isn't too bad. It's more aggressive than the Gillette Tech, and it weighs a lot less. In my opinion, it does not hold the blade securely enough.

For two dollars more, you can get a real Gillette Tech: a razor that is vastly superior to this one in every regard.
Grip
2.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
1.00 star(s)