What's new

Lord DE blade

was kindly given a sample pack to try by a fellow b&b member. I find them very acceptable. no fuss or fancy, well packaged in the classic double-wrap. blades in good condition.

sharpness was acceptable - about on par with crystals for me. found they pulled less than merkurs/ WK. not sharp-sharp, but don't punish you.

overall: satisfied. not going to split atoms with these, but if the price was right, would certainly be an accepptable long-term user.
A B&B member provide 2 packs in exchange for a review. I used 5 blades in a 50s SS and a Milford.

The blade constantly dragged/pulled more heavily than any other I have used to date. :eek:

I used AOS and TOBS creams while trying out the blades. Just to be sure I popped in a Wilkinson blade and the shave improved dramatically. Typically I use one blade a week (5 shaves). I could only get 3 shaves out of the Lord before replacing. They pulled and burned at that point. Maybe I got a "bad" pack? Others seemed to have faired better. :a46:
This is the only other brand of blades I have tried besides my beloved Dorcos. I popped one in my Weishi and whipped up a batch of Eshave White Tea lather.

Being a female shaver, I usually only need one pass per leg to get the job done. The first pass went smoothly enough. I did feel some drag. However, on closer inspection I noticed that the blade had missed some spots. So I had to relather and do a second pass. This was highly unusual for me.

I probably shouldn't have gone in for the second pass. I ended up getting a small nick near my knee and razor bumps on both legs. :confused: This is my first time getting razor bumps since starting DE shaving. This has definitely scared me from using these blades on a regular basis in the future.

I wouldn't say the Lord blades are sharper, just more aggressive. Although my experience was less than ideal, they might perform better for face shaving than leg shaving. :wink:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I was given a pack of these blades to review from a fellow B&B member. After using it.. I have come to the following conclusions.

1. Between a Wilkinson Sword (White UK) and Merkur in terms of sharpness.
2. Cheap price.. bang for your buck.
3. Only averaging 3 shaves per blade.. they lose their edge quickly and started nicking me after the 4th shave..
4. Very smooth, no pullling or tugging.
5. Packing was difficult to get blades out. Double sealed (paper and wax paper).

Overall, a decent blade.. especially for the price. If you are a fan or Merkurs or Wilkinson Sword (White UK) than you should pick up a pack. :blushing:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Lord 5 pack used with 1950 Super Speed
The Lord blades come packed in a box, with each blade wrapped in individual envelopes, just like Dorcos packaging. 1 WTG pass, 2 XTG, and one Diagonally ATG pass gave me a smooth BBS shave with no pulling, no nicks, no irritation...This blade is very good! For the second shave this blade seemed about as sharp as the first shave, The third shave did give good results but started to require more passes for the same results. I say this is a very good blade...A+
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I got these blades for free so the price rating is based on what they would have cost. I found them not quite as good as my red pack personnas but much better than the Walmart Personnas. I got about 2.5 good shaves out of a blade.
I like them ok but as long as I can get Feather's for .25 per blade I will not be buying these.

Thanks Again for the samples though.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Price was right at $FREE.99 (Also received them from a fellow B&B member)
Quality was pretty decent. They weren't rusting away in the wrapper, but did smell vaguely of the factory. (I love machine-shop smell though, so no problem)
Sharpness is decent, no real complaints.
Longevity was acceptable too. I change blades after four shaves regardless, so no testing was done to "the bitter end"
Smoothness. I'm a Derby nut (so far), so I marked these down a bit. Much better than the Merkur blades, but still a bit "grabby" occasionally.
Packaging. Nice packaging, even if it is a cardboard box. I really liked the double wrapper on each blade.
Overall, not bad blades in my opinion. Granted, I only tried them in a few razors (Merkur 38C, Gillette Ball-End Tech, '31 Gillette NEW, '59 Gillette Fatboy), so I can't say how they might perform in others.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I was given a pack of these blades to review from a fellow B&B member. I used it in a new Merkur slant. I do not have a heavy beard so it went well. The shave was bbs no real irratation. I would guess in my case it would work for several shaves. I used a TGQ soap to shave with. If I had a sorce for them I would git some, I enjoyed using them it was a nice close shave.

Eddie
Good price
Quality:they look ok.
Sharpness:On the first pass, after that its all down hill.
Longevity:One shave and thats it .
Smoothness of Shave:Tough going on the neck.
Packaging:The best.

Remember I use a slant and feather ....it glides .
If these blades work for you they are a great buy .
I got a free sample of these :smile:
I usually use feather and found the Lord's to pull quiet a bit.
I usually do 4-5 passes:-
The shave was fine on the cheeks:smile:
But poor on the neck leaving several weepers:mad:
XTG was OK but not very smooth
ATG was awful :cursing:
These are OK in comparison to some of the blades I have tried but I'll be sticking to feather.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Dirt cheap egyptian blade bought on E-bay, just about $25 for 200 blades.

To start with the packaging, a simple no-fancy paperbox, gives a cheap inpression. The blades are single packed in both classic "foil-paper" and in a paper-envelope, this seem to protect the blade much better than the outer box.

Thing is that the company that makes Lord blades from the beginning was a Wilkinson factory, so the blade itself reminds of the Wilkinson blade. Its a nice blade, a tad rough, again just like a Wilkinson IMO. It shaves close and it is quite smooth.

I rate this blade as a nice everyday blade - and the price makes it really good.

Added 2006-08-12

After using this blade a few week I upgrading the ratings, this is a good blade
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)