What's new

Lord DE blade

Pros: Attractive price
Cons: Dull, irritating, no longevity
Price was very cheap (should've known). Packaging is cool with the sword and all. Blades were dull from the get go. They pulled a lot and did not cut down the whiskers. Pass after pass produced quite some irritation. Blade lasted one shave only. Gave them away. Buy something else.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, available, nice overall quality
Cons: Does not excell in any particular area (Sharpness, smoothness)
My workhorse blade. I use 'em once since theyre so cheap. Overall good quality, but is not exceptionally sharp or smooth.

Most of my shaves end up with no cuts or weepers with these
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Decently Sharp, blade looks legit
Cons: VERY ROUGH!
Yes I'm a newbie but in the weeks I've been shaving and trying out all these blades to figure out my top 3.....I haven't once cut myself...well that was until tonight.... LORD WAS JUST ROUGH all around...
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Widely Available
Cons: None So Far
I've used these for about a year now in my DE89 Barley. I try not to do reviews too lightly and tend to really use things for a while before reviewing. This particular blade, along with Astra Plats, are my "go-to" blades. I tend to cork these blades when putting a fresh one in the EJ. This seems to cure any roughness that the initial shave can bring. These cost me about $15 per 100 shipped. I tend to get 5-7 good shaves out of each blade. My only complaint, and it's not the individual package, is the lack of a "sleeve" type box. The ones I've ordered come with this flat display type arrangement that does not lend itself to medicine cabinet storage. It's a small gripe and honestly it's the only one I have. Great blade at a great price. Pick up a pack and try them yourself.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: none
Cons: lots of irritation and weepers
I can see why Egyptian Men wear beards. I would too if these were the only blades available. My face HURTS. and the shave was barely SAS. Going right into the blade bin.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, has a picture of a sword. Sounds fancy.
Cons: uncomfortable mediocre shave.
Got this in a sampler with a bunch of other blades, glad I only had one of these blades. Didn't enjoy the shave or the after effects - my face felt irritated all morning :cursing:. Lots of pulling and skipping which was very uncomfortable. I have some other Lord blades (platinum and super stainless) hope those fare better! Had just finished with a Shark "super chrome" and loved it, so was quite a contrast. This is the first blade of my sampler that I didn't like and I won't be attempting a second day.

Note: Got this in a sampler so price should be considered 'N/A' (but I've seen it cheap online), packing just for the immediate blade wrapper (which was nice)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: The packaging looks cool
Cons: The contents are all con - to me anyway.
I didn't realize just how smooth Astra SPs are until after attempting to shave with every blade in a pack of Lords. I recently picked up the pack at a local cornershop, then decided to give these blades a whirl in a flair-tipped Superspeed. It was hate at first stroke - no cutting at all, only tugging. :angry: Tried a second blade, same thing, and same thing for the third, fourth, and fifth blades, so I binned each one. I popped an Astra SP into my SS, and it whispered through my stubble with very stroke, giving me a great one-pass DFS.

But this was supposed to be about the Lord blades. Of course YMMV, but I've got nothing nice to say about them.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Ever wonder why so many Egyptian men wear beards? Shave with one of these Egyptian made blades, and find out. I came across a bunch of these Platinum Class Lords recently, and I just cannot use them. I've tried different blades from different packs, different razors, different creams and soaps. One day's growth, two days. This blade just sucks. The very first stroke feels like the third or fourth day of my usual Gillettes. The plus side, it doesn't seem to get any duller than that throughout the shave. To add insult to misery, the little boxes that contain five blades are a ***** to open.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
I bought 4 packs while in Cairo and 1 of the Super Chrome in Sharm el Sheik. Price is really cheap around 40 UK pence so was tempted to buy a lot of them.

Packaging is a cardboard box with a holographic strip and blades come individually wrapped with no "glue" spots.The super chrome come in double folder-envelope and have these glue spots.

I am happy with them,nice smooth shaves but don´t perform more than 4 to 5 shaves. Highly recomended:thumbup1:
Those are not the sharpest blade i used so far but they are forgiving for my neck.
They pull a bit but nothing dramatic.
The price is ok and for the longevity i wouldn't use them more then 2 shave.
I recommend those blade.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
These are the thrid blades I've tried in my sample and I rate them last behind gillette 7 o'clock super stainless and American Personnas. For how cheap these are I was really hoping I would like them. After a week I using them I get 3 shaves out of a blade; none of which were very smooth, lots of tugging and uncutable stubble left behind. ATG was a nightmare :cursing: however the one plus about these blades is that I had very little irritation or razor burn afterwards. In my opnion they are ok if your in a bind and don't have anything else avalible but there are much better blades on the market for pennies more, don't sell yourself short. I doubt I will ever use these blades again... :thumbdown
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
I got these to try for free from another B&B member, so the price was great. The first shave was O.K., nothing special, and not really a BBS. My first thought was, well not very aggresive like my Feathers, but certainly useable. The second shave was fairly rough, and felt like I might as well use tweezers to shave. That is how bad it pulled on the ol' beard. I'm still pretty new at this wet shaving, but so far I'd rather use Derby's or Feather's than a Lord.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
D
After trying a comination of 8 different types of blades with 7 different razors I have to say that these are by far the worst DE blade in production. On the first shave, it feels like your using the blade for the 7th time. As dull as possible. You can hardly get the hairs shaved off and if you go against the grain it will pull them out. They are cheap but who cares. Would you buy a dog turd if the price was right? I bought 240 blades for $18.00 and ended up selling 200 of them for $12.00. A few I used and I gave out some free selling some razors. If you want good cheap blades, get the Dorco ST-300's.

Price: Can't be beat.

Quality: I gave it a 1 because although they can hardly cut hair, they don't seem to cut your face.

Sharpness: On par with a butter knife.

Longevity: You will barely get one shave out of each blade.

Smoothness of Shave: Luckily the 4-6 passes you have to make do not seem to shred your face.

Packaging: Cheapest as possible but no glue. I really don't care too much about this rating so I gave it a 5.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
I'm not very good at distinguishing between razors or blades, but here goes...

Price... I got these thanks to a generous PIF. A 10 cents each shipped on eBay, it's about as cheap as it gets. That being said, I'm not sure that I'd call these an amazing value, so I'm marking these blades down for that.

Quality... A far as the apparent quality of the blades go, no real complaints, and not much to say.

Sharpness... These are pretty close to the middle of the road for me, maybe a bit less sharp than the Derbys/Crystals that I prefer, but not as dull as Dorcos.

Longevity... I got something like 20 passes out of these, versus my normal 16 (read: an extra shave). Could be a little better, but pretty good.

Smoothness... Is lacking. I had weepers on just about every shave, and these were less smooth than my benchmark of Crystals.

I really like the packaging. It may not be the most protective setup, but the double envelope system is a good idea, and the little paperboard box will absorb a bit of beating. Is the plastic dispenser seen in Derby and Crystal blades better? Probably, but the packaging does its job well.

Overall... I'd give these a 6 or 7. Not bad, and if they were the only option I could live with them, but I'd take a Crystal or Derby over them on most days, and I'll only be using the Lord blades I have left for the novelty of trying a different blade now and then.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
I've been using them (among others) for some time now and these perform excellent ; with one WTG and one XTG-pass I have a near BBS and there are few other brands that do the same trick. For me they last 3 good shaves which is what I get with most brands that work for me; during the last shave I sometimes get a slight irritation in some sensitive parts of my neck but overall great performance. Really worth giving them a try!
(Packaging is rated 7 but who cares about that with a blade anyway? As long as you don't cut yourself!)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Hello all,

I as well received a pack of these blades from a B&B member for trial. I tried the pack in my Murker HD as well as a few Gillettes. I usually use Durby Extra blades on my normal shaves and Feathers for special occasions. I found that this blade is top quality. I enjoy the eco-friendly packaging. I found that the first shave it is a little sharper than the Durby blades... but for shaves 2-4 they are pretty much on par with Durby. For this reason I am considering getting my hands on a few more of these blades. I was really impressed. Either way... they are deferentially worth a try.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Received a pack of these for free from lli. Newbie here with merkur HD, keep this in mind.
This blade dragged quite a bit and gave me razor burn. I threw it away after my first shave and won't be giving them a second chance because I have already found a better blade, the red Israeli Personna or whatever you call it. Testing of blades continues.

Cheers

Panos
This is a review for the Lord "Super Stainless Steel" I got for free from a B&B member. As a background I've been DE shaving for about 3 months and never really had a problem before. I used a Lord in my Merkur HD and it was rather unremarkable. Through out the 8 or so different types of razors I've used it'd rank near the bottom in terms of sharpness and smoothness.

I did, however, manage to get my first serious cut on my upper lip today while using a Lord for the first time. I'm literally dripping blood with a facial tissue taped to my face to stop the bleeding as I type this. While likely not entirely the fault of the razor, I'm never using these again.
This review is for the Lord Stainless. Although the initial reviewer titled this section Lord DE, it appears most of the reviews in this section are aimed at the stainless version. I used this blade for 2 weeks in a Merkur HD razor with a variety of creams and soaps.

Quality To me, quality connotes consistency. I've found Lord blades to be entirely consistent. However, with this blade, consistency isn't necessarily a good thing.

Sharpness A sharp blade provides a close shave. I measure sharpness by my "12 hour test". That is, I check my face after 12 hours to see how much stubble I've accumulated. With this blade, I gained more stubble in 12 hours than I do with many other blades.

Longevity I generally get six shaves out of a blade - sometimes more but rarely fewer than 5. With this blade, I received only 3 decent shaves. Of course I persevered in the name of science, but shaves 4, 5 and were quite uncomfortable and even painful. I felt I was scratching my face and not shaving my beard. This was the most disappointing aspect of this blade.

Smoothness The blade provided a smooth shave for 2 or 3 shaves, but after that forget smoothness. After the cold water rinse, I generally reach for either my alum bar or witch hazel. Alum generally tightens my pores and makes my face feel fresh. With this blade, alum reminded me the damage done after 3 shaves so I went to the witch hazel before the aftershave.

Packaging Standard cardboard box packaging with double wrapped blades. Satisfactory - yes; Something special - no.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Price: I got mine free (for a review) from a B&B member, however I couldn't find any retailers that sold them to determine what the price could be.

Quality: Looked fine, a few blades had a little too much glue on them.

Sharpness: Started off really sharp but even by the end of the first shave I could feel it really starting to dull (had a little tugging).

Longevity: Once it hits that slightly dull point the blades stayed there for a few more shaves (3-4 depending on the blade).

Smoothness of Shave: A little tugging buy the end of the first shave. But still managed to get BBS on my cheeks. My neck just seemed to have a few spots that the blade just wouldn't shave (no poblem with other blades).

Packaging: Well done, cardboard box with razors in both wax and foil wrappers. As stated before a little too much glue on a few blades and no place for used blades.

All in all it was a decent blade, but it just doesn't hold it's edge quite long enough for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)