What's new

LORD 'Click' Razor

Item Description

I received a LORD 'Click' Razor as a freebie in a shipment from Tryphon.

Now, at first, i decided to give this product a truly 'fair shake' using my regular shave routine.

Then i thought to myself "Self, Where would this razor actually see use with someone from B&B? Realistically?"

The kind of situation i came up with is: "Oh, crap, my good travel razor (kit?) was (forgotten at home, lost in baggage, etc) good thing i packed a backup!"

Not an entirely unrealistic situation, and the exact kind of situation i will be keeping this little shaver around for.

Routine was as follows (and remember, this is what i would picture a routine would be like on the road)

- Washed face & beard with soap and water as hot as I could tolerate
- While face was wet, used a face lathering technique with Arko shave stick and my cheapest brush.
-waited about a minute, rubbed lather in some more with brush
-2 pass shave with Razor (1 WTG and 1 XTG)
-Cold water rinse
-Aqua Velva Ice Blue.

For the sake of staying true to my scenario, i loaded it up with a Treet Platinum blade -exactly the kind of thing i would keep in a backup kit- These are not on par with a Derby, but definitely not a bad blade either.

I was surprised, the Click razor is moderate, yet it doesn't take any bull from your beard. It DEFINITELY is not designed to give you a BBS shave, this razor is serviceable and usable, but not much more than that.

Price: Mine was a freebie, but it's usually around $3-4 new packaged with one LORD Super Chrome blade.

Quality: It's made of some form of styrene or polyethylene; maybe a light-density nylon. The actual shape and head geometry is nothing to complain about it's awfully close to a late 60's early 70's SuperSpeed.

User Friendly: This is hard to quantify... when i think 'User Friendly' i think 'How Idiot Proof is It?'. This one is fairly idiot proof, however, i could see how someone could damage themselves on this thing.

Grip: Grip is ridged and not very slippery when wet. Not great, not bad.

Ease of Blade Replacement: This is the one utterly horrible thing about this razor; everything else can be compensated for by good technique and prep. This razor opens up like a Merkur Futur. Meaning one side swings up to let you place the blade in. This makes you very carefully center a blade on two plastic studs, then use your opposite thumb to close the top. Unwieldy and potentially hazardous.

Aggressiveness: Its not mild, it's not super harsh. Middle of the road. Don't expect a BBS out of this sucker.

Adjustability: Um... you can put a different blade in...?

Balance: This thing has no balance. It weighs about an ounce. tops. With blade. There is no 'Using the weight of the Razor' here. You have to gently press and find the right pressure. It's not evil or anything, it just takes some getting used to; so I don't think the 'balance' category really applies here.

Overall, i'm not dissatisfied, but there are other razors (such as the LORD Tech) which are only a few dollars more and would give a much better shave. It's not so horrid that i would say you should avoid it entirely either; it's just mediocre and will give you a 'utility' shave. nothing real pretty, but nothing terrible either.

Latest reviews

Bought one packaged as the "Lord Cool Click," the blade coming in the blister obviously bearing a skiier on the wrapping, from an Indian grocer for about 50 cents at the Gold Souk in Dubai and rarely use it.

I like light-weight razors but this one is too light. Otherwise it does the trick.

It's also the only all-black DE razor I own.
I received a LORD 'Click' Razor as a freebie in a shipment from Tryphon.

Now, at first, i decided to give this product a truly 'fair shake' using my regular shave routine.

Then i thought to myself "Self, Where would this razor actually see use with someone from B&B? Realistically?"

The kind of situation i came up with is: "Oh, crap, my good travel razor (kit?) was (forgotten at home, lost in baggage, etc) good thing i packed a backup!"

Not an entirely unrealistic situation, and the exact kind of situation i will be keeping this little shaver around for.

Routine was as follows (and remember, this is what i would picture a routine would be like on the road)

- Washed face & beard with soap and water as hot as I could tolerate
- While face was wet, used a face lathering technique with Arko shave stick and my cheapest brush.
-waited about a minute, rubbed lather in some more with brush
-2 pass shave with Razor (1 WTG and 1 XTG)
-Cold water rinse
-Aqua Velva Ice Blue.

For the sake of staying true to my scenario, i loaded it up with a Treet Platinum blade -exactly the kind of thing i would keep in a backup kit- These are not on par with a Derby, but definitely not a bad blade either.

I was surprised, the Click razor is moderate, yet it doesn't take any bull from your beard. It DEFINITELY is not designed to give you a BBS shave, this razor is serviceable and usable, but not much more than that.

Price: Mine was a freebie, but it's usually around $3-4 new packaged with one LORD Super Chrome blade.

Quality: It's made of some form of styrene or polyethylene; maybe a light-density nylon. The actual shape and head geometry is nothing to complain about it's awfully close to a late 60's early 70's SuperSpeed.

User Friendly: This is hard to quantify... when i think 'User Friendly' i think 'How Idiot Proof is It?'. This one is fairly idiot proof, however, i could see how someone could damage themselves on this thing.

Grip: Grip is ridged and not very slippery when wet. Not great, not bad.

Ease of Blade Replacement: This is the one utterly horrible thing about this razor; everything else can be compensated for by good technique and prep. This razor opens up like a Merkur Futur. Meaning one side swings up to let you place the blade in. This makes you very carefully center a blade on two plastic studs, then use your opposite thumb to close the top. Unwieldy and potentially hazardous.

Aggressiveness: Its not mild, it's not super harsh. Middle of the road. Don't expect a BBS out of this sucker.

Adjustability: Um... you can put a different blade in...?

Balance: This thing has no balance. It weighs about an ounce. tops. With blade. There is no 'Using the weight of the Razor' here. You have to gently press and find the right pressure. It's not evil or anything, it just takes some getting used to; so I don't think the 'balance' category really applies here.

Overall, i'm not dissatisfied, but there are other razors (such as the LORD Tech) which are only a few dollars more and would give a much better shave. It's not so horrid that i would say you should avoid it entirely either; it's just mediocre and will give you a 'utility' shave. nothing real pretty, but nothing terrible either.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)