What's new

Lolita Lempicka au Masculin EDT

Pros: Draws tons of compliments from females
Cons: longevity of the newer version subpar
Females love this scent. It is like a mysterious jagermeister brewed deep in the forest with witches and elves. I typically run Paco Rabanne but will always keep this in the den. I would say a better winter scent. Very Tim Burton and one of the most complex scents i have ever smelled
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
This is by far my favourite "stylish" scent. The sort of stuff you will pick up (overpriced) at Sephora. For me though nothing else smells like it. Nice bottle and it has the "what?" factor when people ask what you are wearing. All the accents mentioned above, I have smelled them all particularly the aniseed and vanilla. Just a great smell but don't over do it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Aside from the name, I really like this scent. It falls into the sweet, powdery category for me. I don't get an anise note, or at least much of one, so I don't understand that criticisms of a strong licorice smell. Like any scent, to each his own. This one is like T&H 1805 for me in that a little goes a long way and it stays there for quite some time.
This is one of those ones I actually liked ok, although, must admit, did not love. Lena (SWMBO, etc etc) despised the smell of it, (and licorice smells in general) so that's about that...
Price-I got a better deal apparently, I got a full bottle for 19 bucks, a tester, I think.
John P.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
I actually like this scent too.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
(The dissenting opinion):wink:

This is actually one of my favorite scents although I don't wear it too often. It strikes me as more of an evening scent.

I don't have the ability to adequately describe scents, but there is certainly a distinct vanilla component to this EDT, but there is also a complexity that I can not describe.

If you enjoy any of the sandalwood vanilla or similar offering from any of our soap makers here, it's probably worth at least sampling this EDT.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
I'd been looking, off-and-on, for a cologne/EDT to match or complement my Salter's Almond shaving cream, but met with no success. Then, as luck would have it, I did a keyword-search on B&B for "almond" and found one member who recommended Lolita Lempicka au Masculin as a good complement to C&E's Almond shaving cream, as well as a couple more who agreed with him. OK, so I ordered a 5ml sample-sized bottle from a store on eBay, and it arrived yesterday.

Top Notes: Green Ivy, Aniseed, Absinthe, Rum
Middle Notes: Aniseed, Praline, Violet
Base Notes: Cedarwood, Vanilla, Rock Rose, Barley Water

I expected much more from this product. I never sensed, much less smelled, the Top and Middle Notes -- conspicuously absent was the much-anticipated licorice of the Aniseed. Instead, it seemed to move immediately to the Base Notes, where everything else (with the possible exception of Praline) was overpowered by the Vanilla.

My "9" for Price is based on eBay stores -- I neither visit malls, nor shop in department stores; rather, it's via the Internet or not at all. So, an average cost of $33 for 3.4oz (admittedly, almost $10 for S/H is outrageous) is good, considering the prices in brick-and-mortar stores.

I got the "Notes" information from Basenotes, and I believe them. Perhaps it's my body chemistry, but for me, Lolita Lempicka au Masculin is a particularly "forgettable" EDT. The only "plus" in this story is that I spent all of $10.24 on the 5ml sample-sized bottle, rather than three times as much on a full-sized bottle, whose contents I would never have used a second time.

YMMV; I certainly hope that it does... but do try it out first with a department-store tester, or a minimal decant.

For a discussion of this thread, click here.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)