What's new

L'Occitane Travel Brush

Item Description

Price: Normal retail on this brush is $40. I got it on sale for half off, so the rating reflects halfway between sale and regular price.

Quality: While I'm sure there are worse brushes, this one isn't great. The handle is made of thin, cheap feeling aluminum. It deforms easily, and since it consists of three pieces that need to fit together, I imagine this brush becoming unusable over time. The actual brush part isn't good either, the synthetic bristles are far too stiff. This thing is far more likely to wipe lather off your face then to build it up.

Density: The density of the bristles is good.

Stiffness/Softness: These bristles are incredibly stiff. Not so much as to scratch up the face during use, but close to it.

Ergonomic: While it's not uncomfortable to hold, the handle is a bit long.

Latherability: This brush can whip up a mean lather inside a bowl. Water retention is very good as well. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, it won't translate to your face. Due to how stiff it is, it tends to wipe lather off first, then leave a little behind with every stroke, so you wind up with a thin layer no matter how hard you try.

Overall, I'd avoid this brush. L'Occitane makes some great products, but this isn't one of them.

Latest reviews

Price: Normal retail on this brush is $40. I got it on sale for half off, so the rating reflects halfway between sale and regular price.

Quality: While I'm sure there are worse brushes, this one isn't great. The handle is made of thin, cheap feeling aluminum. It deforms easily, and since it consists of three pieces that need to fit together, I imagine this brush becoming unusable over time. The actual brush part isn't good either, the synthetic bristles are far too stiff. This thing is far more likely to wipe lather off your face then to build it up.

Density: The density of the bristles is good.

Stiffness/Softness: These bristles are incredibly stiff. Not so much as to scratch up the face during use, but close to it.

Ergonomic: While it's not uncomfortable to hold, the handle is a bit long.

Latherability: This brush can whip up a mean lather inside a bowl. Water retention is very good as well. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, it won't translate to your face. Due to how stiff it is, it tends to wipe lather off first, then leave a little behind with every stroke, so you wind up with a thin layer no matter how hard you try.

Overall, I'd avoid this brush. L'Occitane makes some great products, but this isn't one of them.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)