What's new

L'Occitane Eav de Bavx

The notes were hard to find but it appears to be "Cypress and Incense". I detect some vanilla in there. It does what Himalaya doesn't. It evokes a woody winter incense cologne. I think it could be used in the fall but more especially in winter. The longevity is great on me and would be a good comparison to Caron Pour Homme. For this one don't over apply. One spray on each arm is perfect.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
The L'Occitane Eav de Bavx is a 10+ on every count. The scent lasts all day and is a winner in everyway.
After using the Cade shaving soap, I wanted a Cade smelling EDT. But unfortuantly they don't make that. So I did some research and I went to the L'Occitane store to buy the Vetyver. I thought it would suit me very well. Fortunatly I decided to smell the other EDTs first. While they all smelled very nice, the Bavx was the one that stood out and got my attention. I fell in love with this scent immediatly. After using it a few times, I have grown even fonder of it because of the wonderful way the scent develops over time. It also has great stayingpower, one pump of the atomizer keeps me smelling wonderful all day. GF loves it too.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I really like this as a winter scent. Goes on with spicy notes of pepper. The L'Occitane site lists the top notes as "pink pepper and cardamom." May be the power of suggestion, but it does smell more like pink peppercorns than the opening of Eau de L'Occitane which smells of black pepper to me.

The pepper gives way to incense and vanilla slowly joins the party. Over the course of several hours the vanilla comes to dominate.

Most fragrances seem to have little staying power on my skin, Eau de Baux, however, lasts for hours. One spray to my chest and light sprays to the wrists and I can still smell this on myself 12 hours later. But the scent isn't overpowering. Wish there was a bit more complexity in the dry down - the vanilla note gets a bit boring at the end - but for the price and staying power this is great.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This has been my go to frag for nearly 2 years now.

It's as close to a "signature scent" as I've found (isn't that what we all got into this for). I have ~ 15 full bottles of cologne and this is the only one that's nearly empty.

It is a quality product through and through. I only gave it an 8 on complexity because while it is a complex fragrance, it does not really evolve on my skin. What I smell on paper is what I smell on skin, whether it's 5 minutes or 10 hours later.

In summary,
Price 10/10 Better than fair price
Quality 10/10 Quality natural ingredients
Packaging 10/10 Great box and bottle styling
Scent 10/10 Incredibly warm, friendly and sexy scent
Complexity 8/10 See above for complexity
Staying Power 10/10 Stays for 10+ hours on me
Quality of Atomizer 10/10 Atomizer is very consistent. Not a cloud, not a stream, but just right.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
will update.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
L'Occitane's fragrances recently came on my radar. Along with their fantastic Vetyver (the only other one I've tried on my skin), Eav de Bavx dazzles me. I agree with Scotto's description of the scents. It has a very pleasant sweetness that is balanced by florals and light smokiness. About an hour and a hour after spraying it on, the florals perk up just a bit and make this fragrance a special treat.

Judging from the paper strip samples I've tried of the others, I'd be satisfied if L'Occitane were all I could get.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
You are in your sleeping bag, huddled against the cold. You have slept the sleep of a dead man, exhausted after your long hike though the mountains yesterday. Mid-way in a state between awakening and sleep, you begin to pick up scents. First, the subtle remains of your cookfire last night, smoldering gently. Then something else. Rich, spicy, sweet. Shrugging off your sleepiness, you peek out of the tent to see your father sitting on a rock, watching the sun rise. He is smoking a pipe, at ease; that sweet scent of the aromatic tobacco bringing up warm memories of your childhood. He sees you, and smiles that smile that resonates into your soul.​
This is a hard scent to describe to someone else. According to L'Occitane:

In Provence, the knights from the village of Les Baux chose the cypress tree as a symbol of their strength and honor, and a bright star in the sky as their guiding force. In honor of their courage, L'OCCITANE has created a sensual and mysterious blend of cypress and incense named Eau de Baux.​
This is a really wonderful scent, especially in Autumn. It is sweet, but not cloying. I get an incredibly rich incense scent with smoky notes, yet it is never overpowering. The scent almost has a presence, if that makes any sense; it is not something that disappears into the background, but rather one that surrounds you and gets you pondering its mysteries. I have seen other references that allude to L'Artisan's excellent Tea for Two, and I can see that similarity as well.

If you like the incensey notes of Knize Ten, but find it overpowering (as I do), this would be an excellent choice. It does not have leather, but if I close my eyes and imagine what Knize's top and middle notes would be in another matrix, Eav des Bavx ("Oh-de-Bow") would be it. Just a great warm scent.

I find this quite complex, and a scent that lasts most of the day on me. As always, the L'Occitane quality is there, from the packaging to their excellent atomizers. Another great cologne from one of my favorite scent houses. Absolutely recommended.

This review is being discussed here. Please refer comments to that thread, unless you are planning a numeric review in this forum.
Top Bottom