What's new

L'Occitane eau de L'Occitan

Pros: fewer nasty ingredients
Refreshing, doesn't choke you from nasty smells.

Packaging is standard but looks like recycle boxing.

If your fragrance smell sensitive and are looking for something with less toxic ingredients, please do try.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Well priced and different from the department store scents.
Cons: Not much to complain about.
This is fast becoming my go to fragrance in my line up. In fact I don't think I will be replacing most of my Truffitt and Hill frags when they run out.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This is a good lavender scent that with the spices (black pepper, Cinnamon, anise, and nutmeg) together they remind me almost of a smell of pastels. The scent stays the same throughout most of the cycle and is very unique. Like all L'Occitane scents they are good quality and can be used in most situations and have decent longevity.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is a very sophisticated yet compelling fragrance for those with an interest in a woody, sweet lavender. At drydown, this scent really strikes me as a sweet and well-mannered fougere. It is not overpowering but has good staying power, close to the skin. Very nice!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I really like this fragrance. As it evolves the scent I always get from it is cedar. The lavender, spices and burnt wood waft in and out but always with a backbone of fresh cedar. It doesn't project much but the longevity is very good. Hours after applying it I still get faint notes as I move around. Very clean and calm.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
This was my first fragrance from L'Occitane, and I have to say I was impressed.

It is clean, fresh, and dries to a wonderfully subtle, yet lasting, fragrance.

From L'Occitane's website:

Top – black pepper, bergamot, lavender
Mid – nutmeg, cinnamon, anise
Base – tonka bean, cedar, “burnt wood”, musk

The lavender is to me the first scent to be noticed when you spray this cologne. The nutmeg and cedar are behind it, and the pepper is lingering in the back.

I genuinely don't like pepper-based scents, but I would not at all count eau de L'Occitan as one of them. The pepper is there, but it is perfectly subtle and well-balanced.

As with all L'Occitane products, the packaging and atomizer are quite good.

The sillage is pretty high at first, but it becomes softer and more comfortable during the dry down. Applied to the skin, the staying power is pretty high for me (6+ hours).

This cologne does not shout, but gently wafts a clean, breezy freshness that is very calming and intriguing.

A must-try fragrance for any fan of L'Occitane.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)