What's new

Lime

Pros: ingredients, made in USA, Smell
Cons: fades
Solid product. The lime scent is legit, and pleasant, but seems to fade. The ingredients are great and work well with my face which is not oily or dry but somewhere in between. This is a great summer aftershave!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: the burn!!
Cons: bay rum
After reading good things about CC, I was expecting an alcohol based A/S that smelled like lime, not Bay Rum with a tiny bit of lime in it. I could barely tell the difference between the CC Bay Rum and the Lime. It all smelled like BR to me, even the cat o nine tails was all Bay Rum.It left my face dry and tight, and I needed a balm afterward.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Skin Care
Cons: None
I prefer this scent than the "Lime Sec" from Clubman. The scent is not candy-sweet, but smells nice and refreshing,
like picking a fresh lime off a tree in Florida and slicing into it. The scent itself doesn't linger too long;

however if you don't wear a cologne and a bead of sweat hits, it refreshes the scent which is quite nice.

The healing properties are right in line with the Bay rum's and cat o' nine tails, which is above quality.

All in all, I like it, I still lean towards the scent of Bay Rum/Cat O' Nine Tails; however just as I like the aroma
better. Having it for a random summer day would be quite of a nice change.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Incredibly skin care, great scent
For me, aftershave splash is about two things: skin conditioning and scent.
Captain's Choice Lime succeeds at both!
1) Skin Conditioning: 10. This is an an absolutely amazing splash when it comes to conditioning and the skin. The only other splash I think has this level of moisturizing ability combined with excellent skin toning ability is Proraso. And the CC would win in that competition. For me, it is the most unique and amazing thing about the splash - no need for balm, just splash it on and feel the goodness!
2) Scent: 10. I won't say it is my absolutely favorite scent in the world, but I am rating this in terms of how it compares to other lime scents. And in that category, the CC is a winner. Fabulous scent. All lime zest up front, fresh off the lime! In back I get these really deep, warm non-lime citrus elements that really bring it all together. The alcohol is just right, and not overdone.
Yes, the scent can be fleeting, but lime scents are like that. Plus, it allows you to use it no matter what frag you may be using. I also like to splash this on as a skin refresher, any time of day, and it works wonders.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Lime that lasts
Cons: Can't think of any
I hate giving it almost all 10's but damn this product deserves it. I think Captain's Choice is a legend among artisan shaving products. Many of us saw the rigorous testing the Captain puts these products through. I just missed it, but happily purchased the final result.

First of all, we finally have a lime that lasts. It's a deep plunge into lime, hinting at it's sweetness, but also hinting at "something else" in the blend. Maybe a slight woody/spicy note in there. Hard to tell, but its a wonderful take on lime. This aftershave provides a gentle alcohol burn to help numb off any spots where you were too aggressive with your razor, witch hazel to help your skin heal, and glycerin to moisturize. All in all its a simple yet complex product, with a great spring/summer scent. I've got a lot of aftershaves in my shave den, but I've been reaching for this one almost every day since it arrived.

I don't have an issue with any of the categories above so how could I give less than a 10 on any of them (except for the "no alcohol burn" because this product does have some alcohol burn)...
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Feels cool. Not overpowering.
I loved my sample and am looking forward to getting more for Father's Day. It goes on easily. The scent isn't overpowering at all. A perfect AS for summer.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Great fresh scent, nice clean feeling, & makes your skin feel great!
Captains Choice Lime is a definite winner! Awesome spring and summer scent that makes you feel like you are on an Island somewhere. I bought the sampler pack from Scott so I could give the whole line a try. What a trio of winners.

Very little burn with a great feeling that tightens up the skin.

My wife loves how the lime smells on me which makes it a winner in itself. You can’t go wrong with the Captains Choice Lime!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, face feel after application, clean ingredient list
As soon as Captain's Choice Lime was available I ordered it. I am VERY pleasantly surprised.

It has all the moisturizing, burn killing qualities of his other two selections, but the scent is an extremely clean, refreshing and fresh lime that seems to have pretty good staying power for a lime scent. A great summer AS splash!

To quote Dead Poet's Society: "Oh captain, my captain!"
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Great scent, great price, great product
I'm a Captain fan already. I love Lime scent anyhow and have been waiting for this product to come out. This is a great, fresh, lime scent added to an awesome Bay Rum. It still has all the great properties of the original, but with a fantastic, fresh lime scent added.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: I've been using the CC Limes for close to 3 weeks almost every-other-day and all of us here at the house love it
Cons: The scent is light and needs to be refreshed after close to 1 hr. A very refreshing scent lingers though
I waited along with everyone for the testing to be completed on this CC product and it was well worth the wait.
The scent is refreshing and lingers just long enough to not over-power me the entire day
I'll purchase more of this when the bottle is empty
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great, Deep Scent
Cons: Would like the scent to last longer
I have used both the Captain's Choice Original Bay Rum and the Cat-O-Nine Tails, and I have been very impressed with both of them, so when I saw that a Lime scent was released I was pretty excited to try it.

Lime is one of the scent's that I have recently discovered and everyone has a different take on the scent so I didn't know what to expect from the Captain's version.

I definitely was not disappointed. The lime is by no means overpowering but it seems almost subtle and adds a richness to the overall experience. As with the Captain's other two products, the Lime really delivers in the scent area but it only lasts about 15 minutes for me and then fades away.

Regarding my ranking on the cooling aspect, to me it is more of a warming sensation with a great initial feel which tapers off nicely. As for an alcohol burn, I would not necessarily classify it as what a typical burn may feel like, but it will wake you up depending on how rough your shave turns out.

This product is sure to please any lime aficionado and possibly convert a few of the remaining groups. I highly recommend this product but I classify this as a great face conditioner for immediately after a shave which also lends itself to not interfering with a cologne afterwards.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Fantastic soothing and skin conditioning, clean and masculine lime scent
Cons: Scent is great but didn't last as long as I'd like
Even though I’m not a big fan of Bay Rum scent, I regularly use Captain’s Bay Rum for the way it conditions and soothes after shaving so I was very enthusiastic to try the new lime and I wasn’t disappointed.

To start with, I really like the scent. The initial aroma is of lime zest, a little spice and a hint of sweet citrus. After about 5 minutes of splashing it on, the scent went from the bittery lime zest to a lighter lime "juice". After about 20-30 minutes the scent dissipated almost completely. I’d like the scent to stay longer but not at the sacrifice of adding something artificial.

When I applied it there was a quick sting that quickly turned to a comfortable warmth. While it doesn’t contain menthol, it is very refreshing.
As with all Captain's products I've tried my skin feels, well...GREAT! Smooth, healed, and healthy. I normally use a balm but this aftershave really makes it unnecessary.

In my opinion, the Captain’s Choice Lime is an exceptional aftershave that has fantastic skin conditioning and soothing qualities and a scent that’ll put a smile on your face.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This is an outstanding AS. It has a very authentic lime smell straight from the bottle. Application is easy and effortless. It has a slick feel when going on ( in a good way ) it feels moisturising and pleasant.

I would say the sting is about half, or a little more than pinaud AS's

After dry down the smell is one of lime and spice. It lasts for a decent time, considering lime is a fleeting scent anyway.

Some may see the price as slightly high but if you have a rotation of AS's it would last for a long time.

I think this is an authentic lime and spice scent and recommend it to anyone looking for a high quality AS.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice scent; skin feels great
I received a sample of this and it is a winner. Love the scent and how my skin feels afterwards. I've used it with a AS lotion and the scent lasts much longer this way. I would like to try the other flavors that Captain offers and will definitely keep a bottle of my favorite handy. Thanks.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Authentic lime smell, moisturizing, all around quality product
Great lime smell, makes your face feel moisturized post shave.
I highly recommend!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, skin care
Cons: none, at least not for me
I have used a full sample of the CC Lime AS and have a bottle on order. What I look for primarily in an AS is skin care. This product, like the two other two CC AS products delivers top tier post-shave skin care.

The scent is very natural and has good longevity for an EO based citrus AS.

As with the other CC products, it is top notch quality and is sold a fair price, IMO.

I rarely get razor burn but this product nourishes my skin following the shave.

I rated the "Cooling Sensation" as a 1 because it is not mentholated and does not provide a cooling sensation. It is not designed to do so. Had there been a "N/A" tab, I would have chosen that.

This AS is very moisturizing, particularly for an AS containing alcohol. I have a tendency to have dry skin and I do not require the application of a balm following this use of this AS.

Overall, I feel this is an excellent product which provides wonderful post-shave skin care. It is as good as the other two CC AS offerings. If you are in the market for a naturally scented lime AS, this will be the benchmark.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Fantastic Lime Scent, The only maker of an aftershave splash that makes my face feel like I used a balm
Cons: Scent longevity could be longer but it is so difficult with lime
Ok - Here is my review for the Captain's new lime aftershave. I have used and currently use all of Scott's aftershaves in my rotation daily. I was very excited to try this bad boy out and I was very happy when I was able to test out both the first and the newest lime aftershave.

First I will start with the pros : The scent is awesome. I love lime, I use lime sec by Pinaud, Trumpers lime, and razorock evil eye. I think that Scott has the most genuine smelling lime out of all the products that I have used.

Like all of the aftershaves from Scott, it leaves your face after your shave feel perfect. I have said this a thousand times but it is the only splash product that leaves my face feeling like I used a balm and it lasts that way for HOURS. This
is not a product that you put on and 10 minutes later you feel like nothing was applied.

It fights razor burn well and is extremely moisturizing. In terms of burn - it is nothing like the bay rums in my opinion. Yes, you can feel it when you put it on as it does contain alcohol, but it is no where near the burn you get from Captain's other products. This doesn't matter to me as the healing properties and smell are what I am after.

In terms of the ONE negative I have - I wish it stayed on longer. I will catch a whiff of it for about 30 minutes after I apply. When I do catch a whiff, it makes me smile. I just wish I could get a lime product that I could smell all day long.

Overall - A+++ Scott, Thank you for listening to your consumers and changing the product to make everyone happy. I can only imagine the challenge of creating a formula for the wet shaving community as we have some picky people on B&B :) I have to say though that I think this is a homerun and you knocked it out of the park.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)