What's new

Lightfoot's Pure Pine Shave Creme Soap

Item Description

This soap is a well-priced, solid performer and is a good choice for any gentleman sniffin' for a crisp clean pine scent.

The Pros of this soap are as follows:
  • The pine scent is cool and refreshing.
  • At $5, it is a good value.
  • Leaves skin feeling great.
  • Made in England since 1890.
The Cons are as follows:
  • The size of the soap is smaller than that of standard shaving soaps and thus does not sit well in my shaving mug.
  • Lather is thin and not creamy (this is partly due to not sitting well in my mug).
Raso;421542 said:
I've never heard of this soap but the pine scent sounds interesting for use during these winter months...where did you get yours?
I got it from The Soap Opera in Iowa City but I saw that it is available online from Amazon.

Latest reviews

Price - I picked a cake of Lightfoot's up on Amazon, so taking out shipping, the price was pretty decent.
Quality - The soap is well-made, solid, and packaged well.
Scent - Definitely a 10. The clean, refreshing pine scent gave this the perfect seat in my autumn rotation. It is not anything like Pine-Sol, but instead, I feel like I am in a stand of balsam up in the mountains.
Lather - This soap doesn't lather. I tried putting in a couple drops of pre-shave oil to see if it would help, but no.
Efficacy - Surprisingly, given the quality of the lather, this soap is very effective. It gives a good cushion for your skin and is amazingly slick.
Moisturizing - Also excellent. My face never got dried out from this.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
This is the worst soap I have tried. Williams is a big step up. All of the VDHs are vastly better.

It smells OK, although the sent does not last. The lather is thin and disappears as you shave. It has very little slickness and no cushion. I didn't cut my throat or any thing, but after trying it three times, its going to the shower.

I think it might work OK as a hand or shower soap, but it's too expensive for that, and it is useless for shaving.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
I've been intrigued by this soap since seeing it online. It is cheap at $4 or $5 per puck. It performs somewhat like Williams for me. I can get a lot of lather fairly quickly, but it is only slightly better than the Williams lather I can create. It is light and airy; not thick, creamy, and cushiony. I get a similar shave as Williams. The lather has a little more staying power in my brush between passes. It leaves a little bit of a residue on my face post-shave.

If you'd like to try a pine scented soap, go for it. It doesn't cost much and you can get a decent shave with it. If you are looking for better performance in the price range, there are many better options.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)