What's new

Lemongrass by Eva Nestorova

I've been wanting to try QCS Cedarwood Lemongrass for quite some time so once I spotted this soap on the 'bay I figured it might do until I dropped the money for the 'good stuff'...

Lemongrass is a somewhat exotic scent that for me always brings back memories of our honeymoon in St. Croix!

A 3.5oz puck was $2.50 (+shipping) and arrived in a standard manila envelope with some bubble wrap and a personal note.

The scent is quite strong even while wrapped and after use my wife could still smell it on my face.

The efficacy is surprisingly good, it gave me a nice smooth shave and felt very slick. I'm not a great soap latherer (yet) so it didn't lather up as well as say my CO Bigelow but I can't discount my lack of skills in that regard. My face also felt quite moisturized afterwards and since I've been cold water shaving I didn't need styptic or a balm after the shave.

According to the listing, "the ingredients are glycerin base, coconut butter, mango butter, shea butter, castor oil, coconut oil, aloe vera, jamaican rum, lemongrass oil, french clay and Vitamin E."

It definitely seems like a well-crafted soap, and has a wonderful scent. The seller (evanest) is extremely personable and offered to make me other soaps in whatever scents I desired. Once I get the hang of soap lathering I'll definitely be giving some of her other scents a try!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)