What's new

Le Grelot, 6/8 1/4 Grind

The wonderful 1/4 Grind Le Grelot is a treasured razor by anyone who uses it, made from old Le Grelot blanks, Theirs Issard started new production on this perfect blade.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The price might be high, but considering the limited quantity of these razors, it is worth it. The quality of the razor blade itself is overwhelming. I have heard of a few with minor aesthetic marks, and the scales might have some small problems, but I have yet to here of the blade letting down anyones expectations. The steel and heat treating of this razor are bang on, although it does make it a touch more difficult to hone to perfection, but once it's in that butter zone, that edge will last!

proxy.php

proxy.php

My Le Grelot, honed by me (read: Bad), is still the smoothest shaver in my arsenal. With top jimps and a thumbnotch, the Le Grelot just whips around my face and the hair just falls away. The blade is a class act with very traditional looks, a slight sweep to the spine makes shaving a dream, and the mirror finish lets all the lather and water fall away making maintanence easy as pie!

proxy.php

:biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
5.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
5.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
3.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
5.00 star(s)