What's new

Lavendel

Pros: High quality lather, great slickness, excellent shave quality
Cons: Small puck, can be expensive outside Germany
Price:

Bottom line, this soap is overpriced if you buy it from some vendors. Even if you are outside Germany, you can order it direct and still save money over what I paid for it. I don't regret my purchase, but next time I will be buying my Calani shave soap direct.

Quality:

High quality ingredients and nothing suspicious. It's pretty clear that a good amount of thought and care went into blending the recipe and making this soap.

Scent:

The scent is fairly light...there is lavender EO in there but I basically get a pleasant soapy scent from it. Nice and very gentle.

Lather:

Fantastic. Even though this soap contains a fair amount of olive oil, there are no issues at all with lathering this soap because there is enough stearate, coconut, and other lather producting ingredients in the soap to counteract that. I put my puck in a 1 cup ziploc container and have no problems getting nice lather with a slightly damp brush and proper loading. I like to build the lather right on the puck and then apply and tweak the mix on my face. The lather is very creamy, protective, and slick. It doesn't irritate my skin and allows for a close shave.

Efficacy:

Shave quality is top notch, probably about as good as Martin de Candre - which is saying a lot.

Moisturizing:

I find this soap to leave my skin a little more supple after the shave than most soap pucks I've tried. While I don't think anyone should rely 100% on their shave soap for moisturizing qualities, Calani is definitely above average.

Overall, I'm really impressed with Calani shave soaps and highly recommend them.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)