What's new

Lavanda

Pros: Lathers easily and smells nice
Cons: None
I bought this cream on sale for $10, and I had no high expectations except that it sounded Italian. After showering and then preparing myself for shaving I opened the tube and put a pea size amount in my van der hagen bowl. I used a B&B boar brush after it soaked in warm water. I started to lather this cream in the bowl and I became shocked at how easy it lathered up. Within ten seconds or less I had a lot of lather going all over the bowl. Some spilled out and I was anxious to try it on my face. I proceeded to put it on my face and my face felt good. There was the scent I was trying to identify but then I said Lavanda and that is Lavender. It is a very flowery scent that was pleasing to my nose. I put a bunch of lather on my face and started to do a first pass. It was a comforting first pass. I did a second pass and most of the lather was gone from the bowl. I almost felt like I had made a mistake by putting on so much lather on the first pass. I still used what was left and it was now very thin and light but I still got a nice second pass shave. Next time I use this cream I'll add a bit more. Overall this is a good cream and I would recommend people to buy it. It is actually made in Portugal which I was surprised. I think this cream can compete with a lot of the higher priced creams.

One thing I want to add about this cream is that it gives you good protection after the shave. My skin felt very smooth and soft several hours after the shave. It felt as if I had an extra layer of skin on my face.

I give Lavanda 8/10
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability