What's new

L'Artisan Timbuktu

I have great affection for all things Artisan. My only discontent with this brand is that none of their offerings last too long on me.

I got a decant of this one, and was impressed with the complexity, although I must say that to my nose, there is a great deal of common ground between all scents made by this house. As a result, it just wasn't different enough from my existing Artisan, so until I am done my existing stock, I will hold off buying this one. That said, Timbuktu is my next cologne from Artisan to hit my cologne cabinet, without a doubt.

Best,

Chris
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Top Notes: Mango, Berries, Pink Pepper, Cardamom.
Middle Notes: Karo Karounde Flower, Papyrus Wood, Frankincense
Base Notes: Myrrh, Vetiver, Patchouli, Benzoin

The mango and berries appear upfront and refreshing. Pretty quickly a really nice floral appears mixed with a nice light wood. There's good sillage and longevity like most L'Artisan fragrances. The wood and flower are what makes this exotic and the incense finishes it off well by being a little sweet. This is so intelligently made it's fun. The price isn't bad for something so interesting. I could imagine Africa while wearing this. This would be perfect in good weather. If you like Silver Mountain Water you should give this one a try. Also if you like the matte quality of PdN New York I recommend this for the papyrus.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)