What's new

L'Artisan Perfumeur Dzing!

This is such an interesting scent! I've (thankfully) become much choosier about which products I actually buy. Its so easy to accumulate so many bottles that you run out of space. This, however is a keeper!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
My friend used to work for L' Artisan and gave me a bottle of DZING!.
She gifted this bottle to me over 5 years ago, after I had purchased
L' Artisan Mechant Loup Parfume, which is good too. Nothing like DZING!.
It was one of her favorites and quite unique and certainly different.
At first it can be a tad overwhelming making a statement and demanding
attention. Once it settles the note of citrus, cut wood, musky saddle leather, vanilla are deep, seductive and full. This scent is unisex. To wear this scent you have to own it! Not for the mamsy-pamsy or faint of heart.

I'm glad to see others who have enjoyed and had success with this Parfume.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
This is one of my current favorites. It smells like a really clean animal. Honestly, maybe an elephant, but I find it oddly comforting. There's nothing else quite like it.:001_smile
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
One of my cozy fragrances... No other fragrance has got the ability to conjure the image of a leather bag store like Dzing!. Smells familiar, without being obvious. People will wonder what that good smell is, but few will believe you when you let them know where it comes from. Calming and soothing, the perfect companion (beside your loved one) on that fur rug in front of the open fire place during cold winter nights.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
You've decided to do something different with your woman, something to keep the spark alive. Another dull dinner date? No. A movie? No. A getaway to a ranch, just the two of you? Just the thing....

You arrive late, rushing to the country from a busy urban day of work. On a whim, you decide to grab your horses, some food, and your sleeping bags. A night sleeping under the stars will be fun....

You race across the countryside, feeling the continuous shock in your loins as the horse canters on and on. The wind is in your hair, the sun is setting, and your love (lust?) is racing along beside you, egging her mount to greater and greater exertions.

Finally it is too dark to ride anymore. You urge your sweating mount to a clear area to set up camp, and pull the steaming blankets off her. Sweat and leather fill your nostrils. From the corner of your eye you see your love starting a fire. After a few minutes you get the intense smell of burning sugar; she is toasting (burning?) marshmallows over the fire. You saunter over and she puts a finger full of the hot, sticky, delicious goo in your mouth. Sleeping bags? Not necessary after all....

OK, get the idea? This is a very unusual scent, and my little parable above conveys the main points. It starts off with a burnt, sugary sweetness (some say rubber), along with musty, sweaty, sexy, animalistic notes. The heart tones are leather, amber, vanilla, and enough musky notes to keep things interesting. Definitely one to try before you buy, since it is not for everyone, and it is expensive. I personally like it, though it is not something I can wear that often. It is one of those scents that really evoke a mood or a place. Give it a try and see how you feel about it.

THIS REVIEW IS BEING DISCUSSED HERE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT, PLEASE DIRECT THEM TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD. REVIEWS WITHOUT NUMERIC SCORES WILL BE DELETED.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)