What's new

Large scuttle with brush soaker

Item Description

I used the following link to purchase the scuttle from Robert, although some have purchased from him through Ebay:

http://www.robertsfeatsofclay.com/cscuttles.html

Robert's customer service is great. He communicates quickly by e-mail, and is a reasonable fellow. Also, he packaged the scuttle well, before shipping it.

This is a good value scuttle that clearly shows good workmanship; handmade and customizable, so each scuttle is unique.

The design is classic, original and ergonomic. The glaze/paint is clean (no finger print nor other impurities present) and decently distributed (some edges lack a slight bit of it).

The color selection/variety is big: my scuttle has the "Milky Way" theme, which is really nice to admire.

In terms of performance, I will emphasize on lather warming, on the brush soaker and water capacity.

- Warmth: With hot water (not boiling temp), the scuttle stays warm for up to 5 min. Some people have suggested to place the scuttle in a microwave to reheat the water inside it. I just refill it with hot water when I'm ready to prepare lather with it.

- Brush soaker: My medium sized Edwin Jagger BBB fits in with no problems, either dry or wet, and doesn't tip over (i.e. handle falling inside and floating horizontally) when there's water inside. My mini Vie-Long will tip over though (but I simply rest it and balance it vertically on an edge).

-Water capacity: As Robert stated, the scuttle holds between 2 and 3 mugs worth of water.

-Even without the hot water, this scuttle serves a great lathering bowl. The ridges inside definitely aid in producing rich lather.

-Seems very sturdy, although I suspect the handle might eventually give in after a few years of abuse.

A warm lather is a nice luxury to have. Check out his different models on his webpage.

Cheers

Latest reviews

Pros: Decent price, color options, customer service
Cons: Don't expect a commercial grade product
I used the following link to purchase the scuttle from Robert, although some have purchased from him through Ebay:

http://www.robertsfeatsofclay.com/cscuttles.html

Robert's customer service is great. He communicates quickly by e-mail, and is a reasonable fellow. Also, he packaged the scuttle well, before shipping it.

This is a good value scuttle that clearly shows good workmanship; handmade and customizable, so each scuttle is unique.

The design is classic, original and ergonomic.

The glaze/paint is clean (no finger print nor other impurities present) and decently distributed (some edges lack a slight bit of it).

The color selection/variety is big: my scuttle has the "Milky Way" theme, which is really nice to admire.

In terms of performance, I will emphasize on lather warming, on the brush soaker and water capacity.

- Warmth: With hot water (not boiling temp), the scuttle stays warm for up to 5 min. Some people have suggested to place the scuttle in a microwave to reheat the water inside it. I just refill it with hot water when I'm ready to prepare lather with it.

- Brush soaker: My medium sized Edwin Jagger BBB fits in with no problems, either dry or wet, and doesn't tip over (i.e. handle falling inside and floating horizontally) when there's water inside. My mini Vie-Long will tip over though (but I simply rest it and balance it vertically on an edge).

-Water capacity: As Robert stated, the scuttle holds between 2 and 3 mugs worth of water.

-Even without the hot water, this scuttle serves a great lathering bowl. The ridges inside definitely aid in producing rich lather.

-Seems very sturdy, although I suspect the handle might eventually give in after a few years of abuse.

A warm lather is a nice luxury to have. Check out his different models on his webpage.

Cheers
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Carlo A
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More from Carlo A

• Giant size
    Made in: Germany Cost: 11 CAD Net Wt: 100g Allergen Ingredient...
  • 13120M
    A notice to potential buyers: the Vie-Long 13120M brush is smaller than...
Top Bottom