What's new

Lalique Encre Noir

Pros: Unique
Cons: Top notes are hard to enjoy
Spraying this will make you wonder what you've done to deserve the punishment your nose is taking. Stick with it and you'll be rewarded with one of the best dry downs I've ever experienced. It smells like a fireman who works part-time as a lumberjack who spends his free time working on classic cars. It's that manly.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
No top notes
Middle Notes: Haitian Vetiver, Vetiver Bourbon, Cypress Wood
Base Notes: Musk, Cashmere Wood

I grab the cube (a cool 2001 Obelisk looking thing) and spray on the renowned fragrance. Off the bat you get the best tangy wet vetiver scent you can get. I think the cypress wood adds the sharpness to the vetiver. The cashmere wood is interesting in that it's a little minerally in scent like a rock or matches with wood. Some may be reminded of pepper instead. The musk keeps it going all day. The scent is lasting while being close to the skin after a few minutes. This is more comparable to vetiver extraordinaire in scent but with still some big differences. VE has citrus and moves to wood, where as EN is more simple but elegent. VE also has larger sillage but EN could be used in an office environment no problem. For price this is the best vetiver I've tried and here ends my vetiver journey.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This is the perfect fragrance for a cold, dark, cloudy sort of days. Its a very sharp, dry, smokey vetiver and wood scent with a touch of musk, very unique compared to the sweet and aquatic fragrances that are so popular these days. The longevity and quality is great , two sprays and I could still smell it the next morning. The price is also very reasonable 100ml runs about $50. So I give this fragrance a definite :thumbup::thumbup: its a must try for anyone who likes darker mysterious scents or who just loves vetiver.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Been on a vetiver kick lately and bought Lalique Encre Noir blind based on some threads here.

Paid $45 for 100mL bottle. Considering the quality of this juice that is a steal.

I've only tried L'Occitane and MPG vetivers and Lalique is very much different than the previous 2. It is a dry, dark, smokey, earthy, rooty hit you in your face vetiver in a very good way. Settles down to after 2-3 hours, but the overall longevity is impressive and definitely lasts 10+ hours.

Pretty powerful juice as well and I find one spray on the chest and one of the wrists is more than enough.

If you are a vetiver fan, you owe it to yourself to sample this.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)