What's new

Ladas Super Stainless

Pros: comfortable
Cons: oddly inefficient
Not a very a durable blade, but what a comfortable shave! I got these free with a razor purchase and enjoyed a very smooth shave. I was very surprised, however, afterwards to find stubble in the three difficult spots that I use a three pass (down, left, right) method. I don't know, but the blade slid so comfortably over my head that it passed over the whiskers too.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: An excellent sharp blade!
Cons: None
I began using f 100 since Nov 2014. Getting 7 to 12 shaves per blade. They are fantastic blades IMHO. I heartily recommend these to all my B&B DE wet shaver associates.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: cheap, seems sharper than Astra SP, forgiving.
Cons: Lasts me 3 shaves.
I have tried these blades in my Gillette Rocket. I don't shave everyday, usually every 4-5 day.
I shave with the grain, then across/with the grain. Usually 2 passes.

The green Astra SP blades only lasted 2.5 shaves. Little bit of tugging.

The Ladas SS blade lasted 3 shaves. Felt sharper than the Astra SP. Smooth for the 1st shave. no irritation/razor burn. 2nd shave getting noticeably dull. some touch ups needed. 3rd shave was ok. Blade was ready for the trash bin. Managed to get dfs on neck area. Some irritation.

These blades work fine. Better than Astra in my case. I much prefer Feather blades, far longer lasting & sharper/smoother.

Of course YMMV.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: forgiveness and smoothness
Cons: abrupt loss in sharpness
Great sharpness to smoothness. Good blade to get into other Russian beauties.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth, forgiving, close
I am very impressed with these blades. I agree that they are like personna reds. They are smooth and give a very close shave. Easy to use. They were 10 cents a blade!! Really glad I bought a bunch.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Disclaimer: I received a 5 pack for free from BullGoose Shaving for review purposes.These blades are to me very similar to Sharks. They were smooth, good sharpness (close to sharpness as Astra SPs), and lasted at least four shaves for me.I used these blades in a Merkur 23C, Futur, Merkur Slant, Feather Portable, and a Parker 91R. The blade performed well in all except the Slant. The shaves were good, but the smoothness just was not there with the slant.Overall, a nice blade sold at a reasonable price.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Price and the first shave is very sharp and smooth.
Cons: Looses sharpness very fast.
I was one of the 15 individuals, chosen by Bull Goose Shaving, to try a 5-pack of Ladas blades. I'd been wanting to try some other Russian blades and this was a very nice opportunity. Every blade was tried in a different razor. My usual blade of preference/reference is a Feather. Here is the rating scale I used:

Superior = very sharp and extremely smooth
Excellent = sharp and comfortable
Good = acceptable but wish I had a sharper blade
Ouch = I really wished I had changed my blade
Once I had a “Good” shave I would change blades and razors.

Blade 1 was used in a Fat Handle Tech and the first shave was equivalent to a Feather.
1st shave = Superior
2nd shave = Excellent
3rd shave = Good
4th shave = Ouch

Blade 2 was used in an Aristocrat
1st shave = Superior
2nd shave = Excellent
3rd shave = Excellent
4th shave = Good

Blade 3 was used in a Rocket
1st shave = Excellent
2nd shave = Good
I'm not sure why I did not get that first “superior” shave.

Blade 4 was used in a Fat Boy (setting 5)
1st shave = Superior
2nd shave = Excellent
3rd shave = Good

Blade 5 was used in a Sheraton
1st shave = Superior
2nd shave = Excellent
3rd shave = Excellent
4th shave = Good

It seems like you can get one more shave from a blade by using a milder razor. I would recommend this blade--for some reason the post editor will not allow me to select "recommend".
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Fairly sharp blade but very smooth
Cons: Could be a little sharper
I would like to note that these blades where provided free of charge from vendor Bullgoose in exchange for a review. Having said that these blades are very affordable, at 12.50 per 100.

The quality of these blades appears to be good, nice clean blades and clear printing with out smudges.

As stated in the other reviews I find these blade very smooth and forgiving of to much pressure and other mistakes when I experimented with pressures a little.

The sharpness of these blades is very good, while I could not get a BBS out of them I came very close with little or no irritation which is a good thing as a shave that close with my go to Gillette yellows usually results in a little irritation. The only downside is that I could fell the stubble start after only about 4 to 6 hours, the only reason these get a 8 and not a 9.

The longevity of these blades is good with the first shave the best and feeling a little bit of degradation of the edge with the second and third shave after witch I called it done and used a fresh blade. This is on par with what I experience with most blades except Feathers which I can only get two shave out of.

The smoothness of the Blade is where I think these blades really shine. I felt only a little tugging when shaving two day growth, this usually results in lots of blade chattering and weepers for me but the Ladas provided a irritation free shave.

The packaging is nice and simple with a thick paper box and a paper then wax paper wrapping on the blades. Pretty much the standard blade packaging, simple and effective.

Overall a very nice blade for the money with my only want would be a tad bit sharper, but they are a good quality blade for a very nice price and I will probably be ordering more with my next shave goods purchase.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, and initially smooth. Priced right.
Cons: Doesn't hold sharpness long with tough beard.
First, a "Thank you" to Phil at BullGoose for providing these blades gratis for testing.

I found the Ladas blades to be initially sharp and smooth. I was able to get two good shaves out of each of the five blades, but I could feel each blade degrade during the third shave (I have a tough beard).

I typically get a good three shaves from most any blade, sometimes four, so this was a disappointment.

I would definitely recommend these blades to someone who has a light-to-average beard, and they would also be a good choice for women who wish to use a DE razor.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Well rounded blade - sharp, durable, smooth
Cons: Not as sharp as feather
First of all, big thanks to Bullgoose Shaving for hooking me up with some Ladas blades to try! As promised, here's my review:

I am a big fan of Feathers, because of their wonderful sharpness, however, I use Red pack Israeli Personnas daily because of how consistent they are, and the price per shave. I also rank Astras among my top blades. So with that as a reference, I can say that Ladas has become one of my top blades. I had some incredible shaves with Ladas SS. I would say that they are very similar to the Red Pack IPs, as far as sharpness, durability, and smoothness. The packaging is simple, paper envelope inside another paper wrapper (like astras). I got 4 shaves consistently, and you could probably stretch it out more. Never really cut or nicked myself bad, and I found these blades to be very forgiving.

In sum: I've used lots of different blades, and these stand out as top performers. I would rank them below Feathers in performance, but on par with Red IPs and Astras. The price is also great for 100!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)