What's new

Lab Series for Men Power Wash

Item Description

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine , Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Peg-5 Soy Sterol, Caffeine, Pantethine, Papain, Carbomer, Sucrose Stearate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) , Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) , Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Glycerin, Quaternium-22, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Polyquaternium-10,Peg-32, Sodium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Steareth-20, Aminomethyl Propanol, Laureth-2, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Polysorbate 40, Disodium Edta, Bht, Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate , Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ext. Violet 2 (Ci 60730) , Blue 1 (Ci 42090)

Story:
I've been using this product for 3 weeks now. Initially my face was reasonably well kept by my Clinique Face Wash, I had the occasional spot here and there but that was it.

Once I started using the Power wash it cleaned my face so much. The areas where I had my little spots were still there, they just needed time to heal. My pores were incredibly clean, my face was smooth and I could really feel it working. It doesn't wash off completely and I guess it could be part of its charm. That didn't bother me at all. I very much liked the clean feeling.

The problems started occurring a few days after I started using it. The areas where I had a little acne spot became whole red patches covered with acne. My theory is that this product cleaned everything so much that it cleared up the pores only to allow the acne bacteria to get in.
I may give it another go once my face clears up completely but for now it goes in the draws.

Dryness: Regarding dryness, it did not dry up my skin more than the necessary. As long as it doesn't make my face flaky it's good and I didn't need to apply moisturiser.

Pre-shave: As a pre-shave wash it didn't have any effect on the closeness of my shaves or the irritation.

Scent: The scent is very clinical/chemical and does not stay with you. It isn't something that matters too much for me.

Longevity: I'm about 1/5 in and have been using it morning and evening for 3 weeks. You do the math. :mellow: It doesn't strike me as something that lasts long considering it is 250 ml for £17.50. If you do push it then it can last longer.

Conclusion: It really is a power wash, it will give your face a deep clean but with that come some problems too (breakouts for me). It's a hit or miss. If you ask me, play it safe and buy nivea's sensitive facewash. I know I'm going back to it.

PS. I don't believe in the rating system as everybody has their own understandings of what each category would mean and where the scales would be.

Latest reviews

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine , Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Peg-5 Soy Sterol, Caffeine, Pantethine, Papain, Carbomer, Sucrose Stearate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) , Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) , Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Glycerin, Quaternium-22, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Polyquaternium-10,Peg-32, Sodium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Steareth-20, Aminomethyl Propanol, Laureth-2, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Polysorbate 40, Disodium Edta, Bht, Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate , Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ext. Violet 2 (Ci 60730) , Blue 1 (Ci 42090)

Story:
I've been using this product for 3 weeks now. Initially my face was reasonably well kept by my Clinique Face Wash, I had the occasional spot here and there but that was it.

Once I started using the Power wash it cleaned my face so much. The areas where I had my little spots were still there, they just needed time to heal. My pores were incredibly clean, my face was smooth and I could really feel it working. It doesn't wash off completely and I guess it could be part of its charm. That didn't bother me at all. I very much liked the clean feeling.

The problems started occurring a few days after I started using it. The areas where I had a little acne spot became whole red patches covered with acne. My theory is that this product cleaned everything so much that it cleared up the pores only to allow the acne bacteria to get in.
I may give it another go once my face clears up completely but for now it goes in the draws.

Dryness: Regarding dryness, it did not dry up my skin more than the necessary. As long as it doesn't make my face flaky it's good and I didn't need to apply moisturiser.

Pre-shave: As a pre-shave wash it didn't have any effect on the closeness of my shaves or the irritation.

Scent: The scent is very clinical/chemical and does not stay with you. It isn't something that matters too much for me.

Longevity: I'm about 1/5 in and have been using it morning and evening for 3 weeks. You do the math. :mellow: It doesn't strike me as something that lasts long considering it is 250 ml for £17.50. If you do push it then it can last longer.

Conclusion: It really is a power wash, it will give your face a deep clean but with that come some problems too (breakouts for me). It's a hit or miss. If you ask me, play it safe and buy nivea's sensitive facewash. I know I'm going back to it.

PS. I don't believe in the rating system as everybody has their own understandings of what each category would mean and where the scales would be.

Item information

Added by
jangozo
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Skin & Body Care (Reviews)

Top Bottom