What's new

La Toja

PRICE: really good value for money, if you could find it in Spain or Portugal.

QUALITY: good quality, an honest aftershave.

FIGHTS RAZOR BURN: yes, it does, and quickly.

COOLING SENSATION: ver, very light...

SCENT: clean, fresh, natural.

EFFICACY: overall, does a very good job.

MOISTURIZING: a good balance for oily/normal skin.

NO ALCHOOL BURN: it contains alchool, so...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I just tried this splash and I think it's great. The scent is classic barbershop and the splash is mildly cooling and soothing. There is a decent amount of moisturization for an alcohol based splash. The burn is very mild.

If you like extremes in your splashes - lots of burn, lots of chilly mentholated cooling, strong & lingering scent; then look elsewhere.

This is a great balanced splash. It's not too strong, not too scented (it does linger somewhat but not a lot) and works very well.

Bonus - The bottle is generously portioned and it's glass, which is rapidly becoming a rarity in the American drug-store aftershave market. To nitpick - the cap is a bit cheesy. The cap portion seperated fomr the threaded piece the first time I opened it up.

US folks: Don't be worried about paying a bit extra for getting it shipped from Europe. It's still a decent buy for the money. Sure I would much rather buy it for cheap $$ at a corner drugstore in Spain but I was happy to have added this to my aftershave rotation regardless of extra cost to get it to the States.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
La Toja is my favorite aftershave.
It receives the top billing in my rotation which is Saturday afternoon.
La Toja provides a crisp, clean, feeling after my shave with my favorite badger brush & double edge razor. It has just a hint of menthol in it but just the right amount to detect its coolness and leaving your mug feeling and looking refreshed. There is alcohol in it & but will provide what I like to call a soothing burn.
The scent is very barbershop and will linger just right to catch gentle whiffs as you go about your errands or just lazing around reading the paper on that perfect casual Saturday afternoon. Best of all, it wont clash with your favorite fragrance wearing of the day because La Toja's scent is subtle. I would compare the scent of La Toja to the classic 80's fragrance "Drakkar Noir".
I love the look of the square clear glass bottle La Toja aftershave is still presented in. There is something to be said for this and I do appreciate this as the classic aftershaves are going to "shatterproof bottles" or lets just cut to the chase & say plastic. The beautiful light green opaque juice inside looks so refreshing.
La Toja is great value because it is supplied in a generous bottle size. Thankfully Leon at Vintage Scent ensures it can be obtained at an affordable price point for North Americans.
I hope he will always stock this classic afterhshave.

:thumbup1::001_smile:thumbup::tongue_sm:drool: :w00t:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
An excellent product. Lovely scent, very good burn relief feeling, refreshing, different, and dead cheap in Spanish supermarkets. Highly recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I bought mine on-line and recently travelled to the Balearic Islands off Spain, i hunted all over for this stuff but all the tourist shops and large super market in my resort didn't stock it. (did manage to find the shaving cream no problems) I like to match up my shaving cream and after shave and La Toja is a nice traditional scent. I enjoy manly traditional scents of which La Toja fits into this category.
I,m spaniard and Floid is many superior,another good for try is Varon Dandy
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
I did not like La Toja. I thought it was a bit gummy after it was on for awhile and my wife hated the scent. "Yuck" was her response..

I washed it off and won't use it again. This came as part of some samples, so I'm not out any money. I definately prefer Floid to this..
I got this in a trade in the BST for a few soaps. I really like the way this stuff works for me. It's been doing a decent job, it has some sting to it and there is no cooling sensation at all it actually warms my face after I apply it. My wife likes the scent, it seems to have a newer type of scent, kinda like nivea or something along those lines and it has a pretty decent staying power. I'm giving it a thumbs up. When it runs out I'll be ordering more from Leon.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
A great spanish aftershave with a classic "Barber-shop" scent. Hardly any razor burn at all, clean, crisp but subtle scent. Leaves your face feeling fresh without any real bad points whatsoever. Readily available on the spanish market though will probably cost more but not the earth, elsewhere.
If you like Floid, Proraso, Musgo ect, you'll like this one! :biggrin:

Contact Leon or www.vintagescent.com for orders.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)