What's new

La Toja Shave Stick W/ TALLOW

I was very fortunate to track a stick down from a friend in Spain for free:w00t:.

I've never used a La Toja stick, just never intrigued me. After finding out about the stick with tallow there was no way I was turning tallow anything away.

Quality: Great tube that it comes in and nicely wrapped halfway in foil(?). The tube is great and better than any stick I've come across. The tallow version is a yellow color that is much different than the new formulation which is bright white.

Scent: It pretty much matches Valobra in scent which means it doesn't have much outside of a soapy scent which I like but doesn't do much for the senses.

Lather: Amazing lather, mounds of it and lathers the same if not slightly better than Valobra stick.

Efficacy: exceeds desired results. Brush has enough lather to last my 3 passes with no issues. Great comfort during the shave with a good protection and slickness.

Moisturizing: It doesn't carry the goodies of shea or lanolin but it is magnificent in this category. The only reason there's no 10 score is because a tallow/lanolin combo is the epitome of moisturizing.

If you can find the soap, snag it quick because I'll be nabbing sticks as I run across them:laugh:. Now having both La Toja sticks with and without tallow I can give a fair comparison with both, tallow is far superior in it's own way but it is superior.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)