What's new

Kruidvat MEN Aftershave Balm

Item Description

Kruidvat is a chain of drogisterij shops well known throughout the Netherlands.

This product, Kruidvat MEN Aftershave Balm (advanced skincare complex) is their own brand of aftershave balm, coming at a friendly price of Euro 3.50 for 100ml. ($4.50/3.3oz)

Its a good thing it says MEN capitalized on the bottle because the bottle is pastel blue with apple green and I wonder if men were actually involved in formulating the scent of the product :001_smile

That said, I consider it a good value for its price product.

Ingredients:
aqua, alcohol denat., glycerin, ethylhexyl isononanoate, macadamia ternfolia seed oil, polyglyceryl-3-methylglucose distearate, cetearyl alcohol, sesamium indicum oil, tocopheryl acetate panthenol, magnesium aspartate, zinc gluconate, copper gluconate, lecithin, pantholactone, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl oleate, glyceryl stearate, xanthan gum, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium cetearyl sulfate, parfum, carbomer, dimethicone, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate.

What jumps up at you looking at this ingredients list is that the majority are nutritional natural compounds, held together by a minority of synthetic ingredients, and that alcohol is a major component of this balm.

Looking at the packaging and upon smelling it one cant help but think of after-sun lotion, and indeed its quite cooling and very moisturizing. A little goes a long way. The skin feel is great, the skin recovers a lot from using this product and is rejuvinated for quite some hours thereafter.

For its price, it does what it should do and does it well. I hasvent had razor burn in quite some time, so I can't say how it would stand up to it, but it has the bells and whistles of a good skincare product so probably it'll hold up well. For the price I hadnt expected the quality I got.

If you are using a high end fragrant shaving cream don't use this, because it is scented also. If you have reasonably sensitive skin and don't mind a pleasant scent-cover reminiscent of after-sun lotion, this ones a good choice.

Oh about the cryptic review byline.. it doesnt mean its bad stuff:biggrin:

Latest reviews

Kruidvat is a chain of drogisterij shops well known throughout the Netherlands.

This product, Kruidvat MEN Aftershave Balm (advanced skincare complex) is their own brand of aftershave balm, coming at a friendly price of Euro 3.50 for 100ml. ($4.50/3.3oz)

Its a good thing it says MEN capitalized on the bottle because the bottle is pastel blue with apple green and I wonder if men were actually involved in formulating the scent of the product :001_smile

That said, I consider it a good value for its price product.

Ingredients:
aqua, alcohol denat., glycerin, ethylhexyl isononanoate, macadamia ternfolia seed oil, polyglyceryl-3-methylglucose distearate, cetearyl alcohol, sesamium indicum oil, tocopheryl acetate panthenol, magnesium aspartate, zinc gluconate, copper gluconate, lecithin, pantholactone, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl oleate, glyceryl stearate, xanthan gum, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium cetearyl sulfate, parfum, carbomer, dimethicone, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate.

What jumps up at you looking at this ingredients list is that the majority are nutritional natural compounds, held together by a minority of synthetic ingredients, and that alcohol is a major component of this balm.

Looking at the packaging and upon smelling it one cant help but think of after-sun lotion, and indeed its quite cooling and very moisturizing. A little goes a long way. The skin feel is great, the skin recovers a lot from using this product and is rejuvinated for quite some hours thereafter.

For its price, it does what it should do and does it well. I hasvent had razor burn in quite some time, so I can't say how it would stand up to it, but it has the bells and whistles of a good skincare product so probably it'll hold up well. For the price I hadnt expected the quality I got.

If you are using a high end fragrant shaving cream don't use this, because it is scented also. If you have reasonably sensitive skin and don't mind a pleasant scent-cover reminiscent of after-sun lotion, this ones a good choice.

Oh about the cryptic review byline.. it doesnt mean its bad stuff:biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn