What's new

Krishna Thulasi Soap with Aloe Vera

This soap smells like Chandrika. Very strong.

Also an Ayurvedic soap but from a different manufacturer from Chandrika.

Appearance wise, it is still a green soap. The difference from Chandrika is that it is oval instead of the usual brick bar format.

Packaging is rather flimsy. Same thin box with the image of the main ingredient in the soap. The Thai Holy Basil, Ocimum sanctum.

I suspect Aloe vera is a new ingredient in it since they had very tiny red words which says "now with aloe vera".

Upon opening the box, the soap was wrapped in thin a crinkly white plastic pouch. This is a little better than Chandrika which usually had nothing but the MSDS or PDS folded around it.

It lathers very well as expected of any soap with >30% coconut oil as a main ingredient. So I suspect on some skins it might be very drying.

The soap is very hard and looking at the ingredients, sodium palmate and sodium palm kernelate. I guess the manufacturer used both palm and palm kernel oil. Both contribute to the extreme hardness of this soap.

The fragrance as I have described is quite similar to Chandrika. Somewhat floral hues with sandalwood.

Price wise, it is slightly more expensive compared to Chandrika. Chandrika sells for SGD0.55 while Krishna Thulasi sells for around SGD0.60 for a bar. Six packs are available at Mustafa's.

Once this runs out, I'll be trying another Ayurvedic soap, Kayakalp made form coconut and other vegetable oils boasting 23 herbs.

A quick scan in eBay reveals there are is a vendor selling it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)