What's new

Korres Absinthe Shave Cream

proxy.php

Korres is a Greek company that manufactures natural products, including shaving creams and aftershaves.

Korres Absinthe is a brushless, non-foaming, non-aerosol shaving cream. Between the moment I ordered it and the moment it arrived, two months had passed. In the meantime, I tested several brushless gels, creams and canned foams (Taylor, Dior, Crabtree & Evelyn, Cremo Cream, etc) that disappointed me. I had no high expectations regarding Korres Absinthe, which is why I was very pleasantly surprised.

My conclusion is I recommend this product if you’re rich, blasé, or are looking for a brushless for use when travelling or whatever reasons. If you’re looking for a brushless cream for daily use, the price will dissuade you.

Price
The worst deal ever. 16£ for 150ml/5.07oz

Quality
Very high quality, be it the cream or the bottle.

Scent
We all know scents are very personal. I adore the scent of Korres Absinthe so much I want to try the liquor. It has bitter, refreshing notes of medicinal plants that put it in a class apart. You may hate it. Will last long if you don’t use any aftershave.

Latherability
N/A

Efficacy
Stunning, especially since it looks like it’s only a decoration on your face.

Moisturising
Probably what differentiates it from its brushless (retarded) cousins.

Packaging
Very nice, though I did not get the carton box you can see on the front-page.

General remarks
The non-aerosol bottle is well built. The pushing button works like a vacuum pump and compress the cream bag (see photo below). I need to press it twice for one pass with a thin layer of cream. It does not clog the blade, unlike Cremo Cream.

Now, I have to say I used this product thrice and God does it run out fast. I add that I shaved with my Feather AC, which means I needed only two passes. If you use a DE or generally do more than two passes, I suggest you ignore Korres Absinthe.

Now the photos
displayimage.php

Front-view and rear-view or the contrary
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Coil spring
displayimage.php

My yellow coffee mug
displayimage.php

The lines of my hand
displayimage.php

displayimage.php