What's new

Klink & Co. Travel Razor

Item Description

Bought this one for a buck on the 'bay. From what i've found these were made c. 1925 to 1939 in Solingen.

I was quite surprised with the shave I got from this (loaded with an Astra). The head is (obviously) based on an old type, but the tooth spacing is a bit different. Somehow this causes the aggressiveness to be less than expected, similar to a Slim on 1-2. The two piece handle is hollow, making for a top-heavy, slightly off kilter feel (especially when it fills with water). The knurling on the handle is very small and shallow compared to your run-of-the-mill Gillette. I didn't feel like i had a very sure grip when it was wet. The very light weight caused me to press down slightly, leading to a bit of irritation (but leaving stubble at the same time :confused1).

Overall not a bad shaver, but not what one would expect from an open comb. If you happen across one of the many of these on Ebay, it's defiantly worth the buck or two.

Latest reviews

Bought this one for a buck on the 'bay. From what i've found these were made c. 1925 to 1939 in Solingen.

I was quite surprised with the shave I got from this (loaded with an Astra). The head is (obviously) based on an old type, but the tooth spacing is a bit different. Somehow this causes the aggressiveness to be less than expected, similar to a Slim on 1-2. The two piece handle is hollow, making for a top-heavy, slightly off kilter feel (especially when it fills with water). The knurling on the handle is very small and shallow compared to your run-of-the-mill Gillette. I didn't feel like i had a very sure grip when it was wet. The very light weight caused me to press down slightly, leading to a bit of irritation (but leaving stubble at the same time :confused1).

Overall not a bad shaver, but not what one would expect from an open comb. If you happen across one of the many of these on Ebay, it's defiantly worth the buck or two.
Grip
1.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
1.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
2.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Telecaster52
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Safety Razors (Reviews)

More from Telecaster52

• PAL Super SE
    I ordered a few small packs of these, treets, and gems to give my...
Top Bottom