What's new

Kiss My Face Vanilla Earth Moisture Shave (tube)

After writing a positive review of the lime scent over a year ago, I've had many opportunities to use KMF and try it out against other, higher-priced creams. Although the lather is very gratifying, and it's well-priced, I can't help thinking this stuff is something of a newbie trap; after many months of use, I find that if I try to get any closer than CCS, I wind up with many nicks and razor burn. Add to this the fact that the lather often dries out before you can finish a full pass and you've got a cream that I think is compromised at best. I hate to say it, but I think you get what you pay for.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I tried this after going through a bunch of Trumper's samples and was blown away and for under ten bucks for a big pump bottle (350ml approx) you an't argue with the value.
It lathers up quickly to a thick slick meringue. This has proved to be probably my smoothest shave ever. A couple of pumps and I was able to build up enough lather for a 4 pass shave (I do have facial hair kept under my nose and on my chin so don't need to cover my entire face) and the lather stayed nice and moist for the duration.
I may branch out from the vanilla earth, but KMF will be in my shaving rotation for now on. Wonderful and for the price anyone can afford to give it a try. It's also worth to note that it is a small American company that uses all natural ingredients.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I would like to give Proraso, the 3 T's, and all those great European guys a heart felt good bye. It's been a good many years of a wonderful (and overpriced) relationship and I will always remember you. However, KMF came along and seduced me with a great price, local availability, and better performance. It's not you, it's not me, it's KMF :001_wub:

Hard to say something that hasn't been said. Great with a brush. Paid 7.95 USD for an 11oz bottle and believe me, I'd pay more than that. 7.95 USD for 11oz is a steal, plain and simple. Plus, 2 pumps will give you enough for a 3 pass shave and you'll still have some left. Awesome stuff, just awesome, In my opinion, there is no need to pay more for the imports, 3 T's, or whatever you want to call them, this is just as good and available locally. The lather is slippery and THICK, one of the creamiest around. Lathers up beautifully when used with a brush.

They must have changed the scent because, unlike previous reviewers, I think it's strong. I can smell strong vanilla just pumping it into the bowl. Although it's strong it doesn't linger so it won't clash with your aftershave.

If you live in the Midwest check out Meijer, they carry it. Make sure you look around good because they don't have it next to the canned goo.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I've marked the packaging as a 6 because, as others pointed out, this is not an easy product to 'place' as being for men & shaving. Here, in the wilds of Atlantic Canada, it is on the supermarket shelves in the 'Naturals' aisle - far away from anything to do with grooming or shaving - in those few markets that carry it.

At C$4 a tube, it's unbeatable value but I wish the scent was a tad stronger. That said, it's a nice cheap way to experiment with scents other than Proraso and this scent is very pleasing.

The lather is incredible - it fairly bursts and squirts out of the bowl with just a touch of brush. On the face it is slick and stays wet and gives good lubrication, although not as good as some. Moisturizing properties are very good with this cream, sometimes I find that A/S balm isn't necessary.

Excellent value for money and a well kept secret.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Easy to use, moisturising, slick, smells nice, inexpensive.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Great product at a great price. I picked this up for $3.99 at the local Long's Drug (read easy to find), and to be honest it holds it's own against more expensive products. The scent is something you will either love or hate, to me it reminds me a lot of the C&E Sweet Almond Oil. The only real downside that I have is that the presentation isn't exactly as "classy" as other jars or tubes of cream, but for 4 bucks I can let that slide.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
after using proraso green exclusively, i was looking forward to trying some other creams. i had read good things about KMF and was excited about finding something that works as well as proraso without the menthol smell.

well, this product has a great price, very good ingredients, a nice scent, lathers like a mother and overall is very decent, but in fairness i have to say that it did not provide the glide and comfort of my proraso. i experienced more blade drag and despite the nice looking lather didn't feel that it was providing as much cushion as i'm used to. tried it for 2 days, but on the second day i got frustrated and washed it off my face. i finished with proraso.

very good for the price, but i suppose i'm already spoiled....
great product (like all KMF products anyway)
Received from USA (thanks Hugh)
Scent is very nice even if it could be a bit stronger.
Lather incredibly well (like othet KMF products)
I highly recommend this SC :cool:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
All I can say is "WOW!!" What a great lather. I agree it's not quite as slick as Proraso, but I think it gives my Taylor's a run for its money on that account. Terrific stuff. Great price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Importing a product from overseas often lends it a cachet that makes it more desireable than our home-grown products. In the US we treat creams like Proraso as being more exotic than they're considered in their homeland. (I guess it works in the reverse direction too, based on some Europeans' stated wishes to get their hands on Aqua Velva.) It's not surprising then that we sometimes don't accord a domestic product the same respect. I have to say, while it's easy enough to ignore a domestic product, it's even easier to ignore Kiss My Face products. They don't look like men's shaving products, they look like women's hand moisturizers or hair product. Bright colors, fruity graphics, and that name: Kiss My Face. Subconciously it's easy not to even notice it on the shelf. I have to believe that if they called their men's line KMF, clothed it in darker, more somber packaging, and maybe added some earthier fragrances to the line, we'd be whooping it up a lot more than we are about this great product. Looks can be deceiving--take Caswell-Massey, for instance. It looks like it should be a great shave cream, but read the reviews. At least for me, I get a preconceived notion sometimes of what a product should look like, and won't even see something that doesn't fit that description. I know Kiss My Face has gotten some great reviews here, but it still seems to be slipping under the radar to some extent.

At $3.99 for a tube, this is a bargain. Maybe I'm a cheapskate, but I love finding something that does a job well for cheap. Quality is high; take a look at their website; these guys are serious about making good quality, ethical, natural products. The scent, however, is a bit too dim. It smells good (my five-year-old son says "it smells like a cupcake") but unlike, say, Col. Conk Almond (which smells like I'm shaving with marzipan, and I love it) it's not strong enough. I might not want it to linger, but I want to enjoy it while I'm shaving. I'd love to see them up the octane on the smell, and add some scents like almond and sandalwood to the line. This stuff is almost not a cream in consistency, but closer to a liquid coming out of the tube; it's not as thick as Musgo or Proraso. Bring a brush within sight of it, though, and it lathers like nobody's business. And thick. It's not often I see merengue-like peaks not only in my mug but on my face. For efficacy I knocked it down a couple of points because, in comparison to something that includes lanolin like Musgo Real, it's not as slick. If you avoid animal products, though, you'll love this. And unlike most other products, the ingredient list makes it seem almost safe enough to put on your ice cream. As for moisturizing properties, I have to take others' word that it's great. I have oily skin and have never had a problem with dryness, so I'm not a good judge. Packaging I knocked a few point off for because I don't really care for plastic squeeze tubes. But that's just me.

Bottom line is, this is great stuff at a great price, and it's likely that there will always now be a KMF shave cream in my closet. If they kept the product the same and only changed the packaging to something more masculine, it would be better noticed by the demographic that will use it. If on top of that it was made in Florence and called Baccia la Mia Faccia, we'd be paying ten bucks a tube for it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)