What's new

Kiss My Face Unscented (Fragrance Free)

Item Description

I have relatively sensitive skin on my face. I've come to terms with it, and it's ok. In the wintertime I get so dried out that I have to use my own concoctions to keep my face from getting all dry and peely (new word, you heard it here first) by the end of the day. I say relatively sensitive though, as I can tolerate shaving creams/soaps with only a little discomfort. Example...T&H Ultimate Comfort burns me a little bit, especially if I leave any on my lips while I'm shaving. There doesn't seem to be any visible damage except a slight splotchiness that goes away after a few minutes, but it still feels like it's burning. I get varying degrees of this from every shave cream/soap I use. I don't know if it's the fragrance or some other ingredient but this burning and a mild case of SCAD have kept me moving for the last few months...searching for a lather that doesn't burn.

I have lots of creams and soaps...T&H UC, C&E Sweet Almond, Palmolive, Tom's Mint, Proraso, Taylor's Sandalwood, Caswell Massey Sandalwood, Barbasol, Colgate, Williams, KMF Limes, KMF Lavender, T&H 1805...yet for some reason I've been avoiding such an obvious choice that has been staring at me from the shelf at Whole Foods (and even Kroger for those of you in Krogerland...look in the natural section...Tom's and KMF Products, plus something called Organic Naturals or something like that) for months...Kiss My Face Unscented. I guess I was hung up on something that smells good. Whatever the reason, I was stupid. This is the shave cream I've been looking for. So...after an intro that went on far too long...I present my Kiss My Face Unscented Review...

First up...price. I paid $4 for the tube. I could have paid $2 more for the giant sized tub with pump, but I'm running out of space under my cabinet so I opted for size over economy. $4 for a tube is a steal. This stuff is incredible for the price. I'd easily pay triple that for it.

Quality. This stuff is top shelf at a bargain price. I've got a pretty informed opinion of shave creams at this point even though I'm new to all of this stuff just due to my extreme experimentation. This stuff is just as good as any of the big names in my book.

Scent. I gave a 10 for scent because it is supposed to be unscented and it is. I can't detect any scent at all with it. It is pefectly unscented, thus a perfect 10.

Latherability. 10 again. Anyone who has ever used KMF knows that this stuff lathers like nobody's business. A couple of good shakes of the waterlogged Vulfix and a squirt of this stuff lathers into glistening meringue in record time. I have to work some of my creams to get a good lather but this stuff is ready to use in about 30 seconds for me. It also seems to hold heat pretty well, and a squirt about the size of a quarter is good for 4+ passes.

Efficacy. This stuff does it's job super well. The lather is slick and provides plenty of cushion. The added side effect of absolutely no burn or irritation from additives makes this cream a no brainer for those of us with sensitive skin. I find that overlapping strokes are no problem as the face stays slick for several seconds even after a stroke, making buffing or short repeated strokes no problem.

Moisturizing Properties. I still require a moisturizer after using this stuff, but it's no fault of the cream. I just have a dry face. Unlike other creams though, I don't have that tight feeling after shaving which is a definate bonus in my book.

Packaging. I'm a graphic designer, so I appreciate good packaging. I wouldn't call the artwork on the packaging great, but I also wouldn't call it bad. It's just typical "big box" if you know what I mean. I like that it comes in 2 sizes/formats though. I gave it a 10 because even though it's not beautiful to look at...it functions beautifully. The plastic tube holds it's shape so it won't split or get lopsided. It also has a wide mouth, flip cap which makes it easy to store standing up under your cabinet. I can't say the same for Tom's, with it's cool metal tube and tiny cap, it is always falling over and disrupting my carefully arranged razor shrine.

So there you go. An entirely overly verbose review of KMF Unscented (Fragrance Free) Cream. I am just happy nobody else has reviewed it yet so I could be the first. If any of you are looking for a completely mild and gentle cream to use, I would suggest checking it out. I couldn't be happier.

Josh

Latest reviews

Pros: price, availability, good performance
Cons: its a little thinner than a normal cream, the no added scent smells a little funny
This is a good all around cream easy to produce a good lather, pretty slick, a little harder to wash off than a good soap that provides a similar slickness.

I'd been having problems with chemical sensitivities and saw this on sale. Its a good alternative when my face is feeling abused by other products or the elements.

This no scent added cream does have the not-insignificant scent of the ingredients and that has been the only turn off for me. I added some essential oils to KMF in smaller travel tubes and that has really been awesome. I can have a strongly scented cream that I know I won't react to!

I will add this to other products that aren't as slick but when added to a soap that is already really slick the superlather gets pretty goopy.

I have better products that do a better job but the versatility, price and quick and easy _good_ lather make this a keeper.

The pump bottle may work well for a shower or leg shaver but I find it inconvenient. I will look for the tube next time.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Stays moist while shaving
Cons: None.
It is easy to use with a pump.not much lather, but I use my hands to put it on.

The best shave cream ever on my face in 8 years of wet shaving--by a good measure! I cannot see myself trying anything new after using Kiss MyFace. My best ultimate fav., now!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Good lather. Slick, inexpensive, Good for Skin
Cons: Kinda blah with no scent
I used this cream to make super lather when I switched from the canned stuff. It worked but i never thought of it as a quuality cream. However, I recently tried it solo and I'm impressed! I can make enough lather for 5 passes and it protects so well I sometimes get careless.

As for the scent, even though it is unscented, I smell a scent. Not an added scent, but more the scent of the ingredients. To me, it's medicinal. I think I'll try one of the scented versions, next.

When I first started DE shaving, I noted how well it made my face feel. It wasn't until I started using KMF solo this week that I realized it was the KMF component of the super lather that made my face feel so good.

As for the packaging...whatever. I would prefer a 1930s look, but it's fine. At least it's not all ribbons and bows.. The flat, flip-top lid is functional if not classy.

Buy some. Overlook the fact that it's from KMF and just use it because it works.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)