What's new

Kiss My Face Patchouli

I enjoy this on occasion---I think KMF creams are terrific. They always impress. This is a really classic patchouli fragrance.

Try a squirt of this on top of your favorite soaps. Oh, man...the lather!:lol::lol::lol:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
The packaging is a little girly but the smell isn't. It is a nice earthy woodsy patchouli that I absolutely love, without being hippy. Patchouli's got a bad wrap but I don't care anymore! I don't douse myself, but if done right can be worn casual to formal. The directions on the back say to just lather in hands and apply, and that works great, but it whips up a nice earthy lather too! This may end up my go too. I look forward to doing some superlathers with my sandalwood, bergamot, and marlborough soaps!!! Also will be nice to go along with my angel, and smoke and beads colognes! One things I noticed is that it isn't as moisturizing or slick as other soaps, but a very well priced go to. Excited about this one, and for $3.99, I will stock up on this one...you should too!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This has been the only cream that I have been using for a while now. I thought it was really great until I made a lather out of a glycerin soap bar. The soap I used was not even a shaving soap. I found that even after I kept adding water to my KMF to try to improve the lubrication, the glycerine soap blew the KMF out of the water in terms of lubrication.

I am not going to by a KMF again, I am going glycerine or a shave soap! it greatly improved my shave! Just my observation.
I bought this cream as a recommendation from a male employee in the department. He said he loved the scent and used it exclusively. Maybe for him but not for me!!!! This is a great cream except for the scent. Some of the reviews had a hard time defining the scent. Here is my take. A head shop after having the floors mopped with a Pine Sol laced mop. I won't throw the squirt bottle away based on the scent but I won't use it for a shave when I want to take my time and really enjoy it. Also, the scent stays with you for some time. At the same price, I recommend any of the other SMF creams. (New info since first post)--If you like this scent then I suggest you devote a cheap brush to it alone. After my first use I tried the SMF Key Lime again. It didn't smell right. I rinsed out the brush and I discovered the scent of this cream was still in the brush. I ran the brush through a Williams lathering just to get the smell out. There is still a trace amount of the scent in the brush. I am not going to throw this product away but I am going to use it only with my cheap-o Burma Shave Brush that has been in storage.
I like this stuff. This, and all of the other KMF creams, are easy to get at Whole Foods and the price is is easy on the wallet.

I don't mind the scent, although it is not my favorite. I wish the lavender lasted as long. To get a good, lubricating lather I put in two squirts from the pump (that may be too much), add a few drops of water and begin to whip. I dip my brush in the water two are three times to add water to the mix as I am whipping and I have more than enough rich, lubricating lather for three passes.

I don't think KMF shave creams are good at moisturizing, but that is not a big issue with me. Also I don't like the packaging, not guyish, but that is also not a big issue. It's the shave that counts and I like the results.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I gave this a 0 for scent. I hate the scent, and it is EXTREMELY strong and lasting. That said, Kiss My Face creams provide a great shave without any drying whatsoever. For moisturizing, I would rank them higher than the other creams I have tried (so far just Taylor of Old Bond Street, Art of Shaving, and Saint Charles Shave). Out of those, I like Taylor OBS the best. But the Kiss My Face stuff can't be beat for price, and it would come in a close second overall out of the ones I just mentioned. It does make a pretty moist and cushioning lather. But, I hate the patchouli scent. It smelled like I'd been outside pulling weeds. It was that grassy smell that just wouldn't go away. I had to rank it high in all the other categories. But, I will never buy this scent again.

By the way, to the poster who said it took a lot of cream to generate lather, you really don't need much of this stuff. Just flick out most of the water from your brush before lathering, and lather directly on your face. Once I started flicking my brush a couple times before lathering (and I quit using a lather bowl), I found my tubes of KMF lasting longer. I really like the fragrance free version... (that's actually the only other scent I've tried.) It is REALLY great stuff!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I really think they should repackage this product. I almost didn't buy it because of the pink on the package. I just hate pink, but YMMV. I LOVE the smell and use it for my favourite superlather, C&E Sandalwood and this. My wife loves the smell and I use it for my deoderant now too. For the cost, it's a great cream to try and think everyone who even remotely likes the smell should buy it. It works great when keeping in mind the cost and the smell is much better than some had led me to beleive before trying it. I love the deep musky, woody smell. If it was slightly better at lathering and overall quality this would be my first pick of creams.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I was lucky to get KMF patchouli in a trade with my friend Hugh (thanks again).
When I first tried it, I didn't use a brush and the lather wasn't so great. On the tube it says "lather with your hands" but I think using a brush is much more efficient and that's what I did this morning. I was right because it lathers incredibly well....and that smell wouah :001_wub: I was born in 1967 and I think It was exactly made for me : patchouli is really a peaceful scent :a39: :a2:
The only thing for me is the packaging : it doesn't look very solid but the peace sign on it is really cool.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I think the main point holding back the KMF line is the fragrance. While you may find a fragrance you like, I think all of their fragrances are a bit artificial smelling. I can’t think of anyone scent that really appeals to me.

However, that is my only complaint about this cream. Keep in mind that this cream is more runny than other creams about the consistency of a heavy liquid soap. It lathers well (try lathering directly on your face), and it may take a little more product than other brands. It is a slick cream with good moisturizing properties. The cost is around $4 for 4 ounces, and around $6 for the bottle with a pump (can’t remember the ozs for that size). You can find it at Whole Foods and Wild Oats, as well as stores selling organic type products, and some pharmacies.

If your new to wet shaving with a brush, this is a good cream to experiment with at a reasonable costs, although I doubt it will turn out to be your absolute favorite after you try several products, there is certainly nothing wrong with its performance if you understand that it is a thinner product than its higher priced competitors.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I thought this was an average cream for the price. It was only $3 and change for a 4oz tube, but the cream was very runny and I found I was using a fair amount of product to generate my lather.
So, unless you really enjoy the scent, you may want to spend your money elsewhere.

The Scent is awesome. I noticed that the product seemed to smell a little stronger in the tube, than when I generated the lather. It has a very lasting, earthy smell. Very nice.

It was very easy to generate lather with this cream. I had a fair shave, however it didn't seem to give as much protection while shaving as most of the other brands I've tried.

I also noticed that it seemed to dry out my shaving brush. I thought it would also dry out my face, but it didn't.

==Tom
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
I don't know about his stuff. Bought a tube yesterday and tried it this morning and was close to pitching it in the bin. For my first pass I lathered on my face and got the soupiest, weakest result I ever achieved other than with American Crew. Tried adding a bit more cream to my brush, but to no avail; decded to make my first pass regardless and this was a big mistake, as there seemed to be no lubrication, but finished the pass anyway. At this point I was ready to chuck it and start over again with my Taylor's Rose, but feeling slightly foolhardy I decided to give it another chance. This time, however, I lathered in a bowl and what a difference...big gobs of lather that really lubricated my face; a completely different experience. Unfortunately, my face was so beaten up by the first pass that I can't say how things would have come out if I had lathered in a bowl right from the start. I'll give it two more chances to prove itself. I'm really hoping that it works out because I love the smell and the price; moreover, it's readily available in the Greater Toronto area at Whole Foods and Fortinos.
Scent is true to the patchouli legacy-earthy and invigorating. I haven't found the scent overwhelming, as one might expect with patchouli. The scent lingers throughout the day, but not in an obtrusive way. Lathers up instantly and with little water and effort. I would agree with previous review that you need a little more of the product to get substantial lather, but this is one of the least expensive shave creams out there (IMHO). My only reservation at this point is I don't feel I'm getting the lubrication I'd like with this cream even after adjusting the water/cream ratio. Will I keep using it? Yep!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
IMHO, Kiss My Face cream is capable of being as wonderful as the finest creams around. Although it has all the ease and latherability of creams, on the face it feels more like a fine soap. It is slick and very lubricating. However, this is an odd cream that takes some time to perfect. I was not that impressed after the first couple of uses, because I felt it was rather stiff and fast drying. I experimented with adding more water and learned that it is possible to make it too thin. The key to this cream is to find just the right water/cream ratio. I find it works best when one uses a bit more cream than with other products and quite a bit more water. But one needs to experiment to get it right. Once one gets it right, this is a magnificent product.

Michael
KMF does an honorable job at whipping up a lather. However, you might need to experiment a bit with water/cream ratio. Great whip can be attained with little water, but the lubricity of the cream on the face works better when you add a few more drops than normal.

The best thing about this cream though is those rush shaves when you don't have time to be fancy. Just goop it into your hand and lightly rub it into your face. The lubricity explodes in this mode, even better than anything I can get with a brush. Although it's almost sacrilege to admit this, but it's this brushless way that I had some of my better shaves.

The scent, patchouli, is simply a personal preference, but for 3.99 a tube you can afford to find out. I find it a very dark, woodsy scent with zero high notes. I love it as a change of pace from all the bright Triple-T scents. It also goes wonderfully with the deeper, macho cologne's like Clubman Special Reserve, Burt's Bay Rum, or Jovan Sex Appeal.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is my first review...so here goes.:smile:

I have been using this cream for about a month now and love the smell. I find that i have to use a wee bit more than my other creams (Proraso, Taylors, Trumpers) to produce an equivelant lather.

However it produces a good lather and results in a smooth and comfortable shave.

As for the packaging..well it keeps the stuff in one place!!..Not really an issue for me.

So if you fancy a change, then use this:biggrin:

Phew!!..That wasn't as difficult as i thought.....:w00t:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I like this cream for the price. It lathers up easily and shaves well. I would say it is slicker than most of my soaps. To date I've been exclusively a soap guy, and this is my first cream. The Patchouli smell is robust and lingers long after the shave. It is very earthy. This could be a good thing or a bad thing. Patchouli doesn't go with every aftershave or cologne in my opinion, so I only use it if I'm skipping the cologne afterwards. I'm not a huge fan of patchouli fragrance, but if you like it, you'd probably rate the scent higher than I did. The packaging is nothing to write home about, in keeping with the price. Its rather new-agey, in contrast to my own personality which tends more towards traditional conservative aesthetics.
Top Bottom