What's new

Kiss My Face moisture shaving cream with lavender and shea butter

Price - About $6-7 at the local Whole Foods.
Quality - Don't let the name scare you off. It sounds cheesy, but it is spectacular.
Scent - Lavender is a man's scent; don't let SWMBO tell you any different. As part of the mint family, it has a cool, fresh scent that is great in the spring.
Latherability - Very easy to whip up into a decent lather.
Efficacy - I can get 3 great passes with this and have a super-smooth face for the entire day.
Moisturizing Properties - Nothing to write home about. It doesn't dry you out, but you will need to splash something on afterwards.
Packaging - I don't like the pump bottle option at all. The tube is better, but it only comes in the small size.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I like to add this to lather made with shaving soap for better (glide & "feel" and scent) "uber" lather. Price is a super bargain.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Just picked it up toady and had a pleasant shave tonight. I liked everything about this cream, what a bargain too! Smells nice, lathers nice and leaves skin nice and moist. This is in my rotation, cant wait
to try the mint.
Package is different, however its very handy, one pump and your ready to go.
I kinda like it.
Everyone should give this cream a try, its cheap enough, so why not.:thumbup1:
This is my favorite among the KMF shaving creams.

I like the way it lathers by itself, but to really draw out its best qualities, I mix it with L'Occ Cade. The two together make excellent SuperLather.

Many newbies start with Bigelow's Proraso, but this would be a good starter cream, also. The high performance and low price make it a staple product that belongs in everyone's shave-den.

KMF is available everywhere, and its really inexpensive. This would be one of my first choices if I were out of town and needed to pick up an OTC cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Let me start by saying that this is one top-rate cream. I never gave any thought about trying it until I read the description of its ingredients on the Kiss My Face website. It contains several moisturizing agents, such as shea butter and aloe, as well as medicinal ingredients, like lavender and (again) aloe.

While I'm not crazy about the sent, it's not to my tastes, it is rather subtle. The latherability of this product is amazing, truly amazing. With two pumps in my Shavemac 23mm, and a couple dips of warm water, I get incredibly thick and rich lather; enough for a 5 pass shave! The cream is also quite moisturizing. The packaging is practical, a lockable pump bottle for 325ml is a logical choice in my opinion. The price too is also reasonable, at 8.99CN for 325ml.

Overall, I thoroughly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive and highly efficient shaving cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is a very nice cream - quite similar to, and almost as good as, the Art of Shaving lavender cream, but much less expensive. The ingredient list is extensive, but consists mostly of plant extracts. It whips up easily into a smooth, effective, moisturizing lather which has always given me a great shave. The scent is a very appealing, moderately strong natural lavender.

The only really bad thing about this is the packaging. It comes in a cheap white plastic pump bottle that looks like a soap dispenser. The label (which is in English with some French) is rather feminine, with a prominent picture of some sort of pink flower. I am not sure what the flower is, but it looks nothing like any lavender flower I have ever seen!

If you can get past the label, this is a fine shaving cream with an excellent price-to-quality ratio. I find soaps to be better values, in general, but as far as cream goes this is a great buy. You can find it at Whole Foods and similar stores. The cream is made in the USA, by the way.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: Not bad for around $6 (tube).

Qaulity: Decent.

Scent: The scent is okay. The Lavender is there, but there's also a slightly dirty/pepper scent mixed in.

Latherability: I didn't get a good lather from this with my brush, but it lathers decent rubbed on with your fingers.

Efficacy & Moisturising Properties: It's a pretty slick cream and after rinsing your face feels very moisturised. Very good in this department.

Packaging: Decent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
If they put this stuff in a plastic tub and called it "K. M. Frasier's Traditional Shaving Creme" they could charge twice as much and we'd happily pay it.

The scent is a nice, astringent lavender that isn't too assertive, the lather is slicker than anything and easy to get going, and it doesn't dry out your face. The only downside is the cheapo packaging.

If you need a cheap daily cream, this is it. It doesn't have rich layers of fragrance like the expensive stuff, but it works just as well if not better.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This shaving cream is an excellent performer at a very good price, but if you insist on a 'manly' product you will probably want to look elsewhere. I personally like the lavender scent. I rated the scent a 9 overall only because I wish they would come out with a few more choices that aren't fruity (e.g. 'summer melon', etc)

Others have commented that the scent of the KMF creams doesn't last long enough but it's fine for me. It lasts through the end of the shave and doesn't clash with aftershave or cologne and I find that to be ideal.

The lathering ability of this cream is very good, similar to Proraso, although I seem to need a touch more water in the mix with the KMF but no biggie there.

This KMF cream is also very moisturizing, so much so that I could probably go without aftershave entirely. Lately I've been just using some tea tree gel (Jason) afterwards and calling it good!

I gave the packaging an 8. It's simple, non aerosol, and recyclable, which is important to me. Otherwise it's pretty boring but I could care less about the style of the packaging. The pump on the 11 oz size is nice.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
As it has been pointed out, the scent does not quite compare with high end creams and soaps. Performance wise, however, this stuff is excellent. It lathers quite easily, even on the face. The shave is close and the lather feels protective. I do not find that one needs too much product. For me, a maximum of 2 pumps suffices for 3 passes. As a value, this stuff is hard to beat, only comparable to Bigelow's Proraso. Add to that the fact that it is easily available locally and you have a winner .
Most has already been stated. I do not mind the (lack of) scent, as I do not want any (or much of it). So: great product, great price. :smile:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
KMF + Bronners is a great superlather mix. The Bronners kicks up the scent to where most people want it, and the KMF makes it SLICK.
D
I just started wet-shaving about a month ago, and being a vegan, I decided to try using Dr. Bronner's soap, as it mentions that it can be used for shaving. That worked okay for a few weeks, but it never really got lather-y enough, and I started finding that it irritated my face. So, I bought some KMF shaving cream, and it's been really good so far. It produces a great lather, and leaves my face feeling good (no irritation). Also, it's vegan. I'd like to try some shaving soaps, but I'm having a hard time finding ones that are vegan, so I'll stick to this. Low-ish rating for smell just because I don't really notice it all that much; that's not necessarily a bad thing, though.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
When I tested out the cream on my face, I squeezed out a small amount into a tiny paper cup. After about 15 seconds the lather was rich and thick and covered really well. The lavender scent isn't really my favourite but many people here enjoy it. The packaging is a little basic but the price is right, and it works great.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
not bad
avalon orgainics is better
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I was really surprised by Kiss My Face's shaving creams. They perform really well and have a terrific value ($0.79 an ounce). The quality and moisturizing properties of their creams punches way above their weight. I really love the lavendar because it is a very light lavendar scent that isn't over powering. Pleasant but subtle.

And the pump bottle is a great addition too!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is my first KMF cream. Lathers like crazy! The pump dispenser is very nice. One pump makes more than enough lather for three passes.

The scent is nice but very mild. Could be a little stronger.

It is not as slick as I would have liked but provided a very nice shave and left face feeling great. This will definitely get used often.

I'm considering Lime which seems to have a stronger scent and at this price I'm not afraid to try a few.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I have to say that this is an excellent product when used with a brush and a bowl. If I use it directly on my face and then brush it in it is also pretty good. If I just rub it in, it is only OK. My review is based on the brush and bowl technique.

I purchased a tube at the local Whole Foods. Packaging is very basic with just a plastic squeeze tube but the price is right.

A small amount in a bowl with a badger brush will produce an excellent lather which is very slick and lubricating. It also seems to be reasonably good at “moisturizing” and my face felt very soft and pleasant afterwards. Of course any detergent or soap takes oil away from the skin so the concept of “moisturizing” is a bit misleading. Perhaps, “less drying” might be a more accurate description.

As far as the scent is concerned, I couldn’t find the lavender scent at all. In fact, to me, the product had an “Ivory soap” smell. Not terrible, but not in my top 10 either.

All in all a very good product that can be found locally at health food stores and organic type markets for a reasonable price.
...this is some pretty good cream! Lather's up a mad storm, moisturizes for days, provides a pretty mean, yet smooth shave. I love the scent though I wish it would stick around longer. I can see this mixed with KMF Cool Mint or another manufacturer's cream to boost it quite easily as others have done! :em2300:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Bought this stuff at GNC for $3 but I didn't know at the time that whole foods market had the whole line. It has no smell except when I mix it with a soap for better lather it smells a little funny. No big deal. The flip cap to my tube also broke but that may have been my fault. This stuff is a good, inexpensive product that has a ton of great ingredients-peppermint, olive oil, coconut oil, Aloe Vera, and the list goes on. It lathers well and very quickly with my C&E BBB. I like the way it makes my skin feel tight, but not dry (this blew me away.) I highly recommend this product and can't wait to try their scented varieties.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)