What's new

Kiss My Face Moisture Shave Cool Mint

Pros: Awesome lather, nice cooling effect, smells good
I have to admit this stuff lathers so easily that it's almost fool-proof. The scent is nice and it has a pleasant cooling effect with pretty good post-shave care as well. Price-wise, it's reasonable.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cost
Cheap and good. The only issue if you put it in a rotation with other soaps the nozzle gets gunked up inside.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
There is not enough praise that I can give this brand - of the few creams I've tried, this one seems to be the best choice in terms of value, quality, and quantity.

Price: This is 7.99 for 325ml.. a price that is extremely hard to beat.

Quality: This cream lathers better than any other I have used, just one pump from the huge tub gives you enough lather for 3 passes. This stuff has ingredients in it that do wonders for one's face.

Scent: The scent is pretty good, in that it isn't totally non-existent, though the mint does have a slight medicinal quality to it IMO, but like all things, YMMV, and that should not be a reason for you to not use this cream.

Latherability: Lathers as well as, or better, than TOBS. I have not tried the other two T's, but this stuff lathers so easily that to have a product do it any faster really isn't necessary. It builds thick lather with a 3 second face scrub, and that is as close to perfect as I would like.

Efficacy: It gets the job done with fantastic results every time :thumbup:

Moisturizing Properties: The olive oil and aloe vera seem to work wonders for this stuff. I can't ever get dry skin from this stuff, no matter how little I apply.

Packaging: This could use a touch up. The design could be better, but in light of the outstanding quality of the rest of it, this is pretty much irrelevant. The pump bottle is actually a really great and fool-proof way of giving you precise amounts of cream, and assures the user won't waste any.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I'm not going to beat a dead horse.It is great stuff.
I still like Proraso/Bigelow for the Menthol feel in the warmer months.
What I like about both of them is the cushioning and the smooth ride even with my Feathers dialed up in my adjustable.
It also works great as a quick booster to a under performing soap with a quick pump.
I just wish it actually had more staying power from the scents, but that must be where they save the pennies.:thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I love this product. I started using Kiss My Face shaving cream before I got into DE shaving....

At some point, before I got into DE shaving, I started to realize I didn't like aerosol shave creams or shave gels, so I stopped using them. I started using Cetaphil cleanser instead, which actually worked surprisingly well, but left something to be desired because 1) I could not easily look at my face and see where I had just shaved and 2) it did not stick to my face very well.

Eventually I wound up watching the wet shaving video on youtube, where Kiss My Face shaving cream was recommended by name. I picked some up and tried it... and it was just so much better I never looked back. Initially, I was not using a mug and brush with this product--it works pretty well just rubbing it on your face. I do get better results with a mug and brush, but the fact that this product works great on its own is awesome.

So far, I have yet to find something I prefer to Kiss My Face shaving cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This stuff is incredible! I'm a Tabac (soap) fan, and this stuff is comparable, and fellow Tabac fans, I'm not kidding:) It just keeps, keeps, keeps coming out of the brush - I'm a tough shaving guy, like a lot of you, so I need a lot of lather, and of course like a lot. This is the ticket - I make an effortless "slop" on my hand, then make a nice "rotating coat", then a "paintbrush" coat, and then "stack" it LOL. (If it doesn't seem ridiculous in the mirror, it's not enough!) The cooling starts right away, and with my Merkur 15c and an IP, both my face and head get really smooth even with one atg pass (I'm one of those people who HAS to have an atg, or it's like I haven't even shaved.) - there's a true "shadow", instead of just lots of smaller "dots" (you guys know what I mean:p). I give the two nines only because I'd like to see more slip, though it's scarcely needed with the thickness and cushioning you get, and also because I'd like the tube (I should mention, I have the 4 oz tube, not the big pump) to be a number "1" or "2", because I can't recycle "4" plastic right here (I live in the middle of the prairie, so it's "1", "2", paper, cardboard, and aluminum:) The ingredients are natural, and the cost is far less than what you'd find 4 ounces of pretty much anything else for - I got mine at vitacost.com for just under $3 (and they have flat rate $5 shipping). It DOES have two parabens, but they're at the end of the list, which is supposed to mean they're less in amount (I've gotta do some reading on that, many things sound worse than what they actually are). Some people may not like the consistency, it's quite thin, but I think that's simply a help (similar to Ingram in this respect). I haven't tried it brushless, so I can't comment on that, and with the fun I'm having with this stuff and my "flat" top Vulfix, I'm not likely to find out! If you liked Tom's Of Maine Mint (a tear...:(, and I did, you'll find this a very pleasant cream, very, very similar - you may even like it better:)

Update - I did some reading about parabens, and it turns out that some actually occur in nature, i.e., the two that this stuff contains; I should've guessed something like that as Kiss My Face products are all either natural or organic:)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
D
I saw mantic's video on youtube and figured if it's good enough for him I'll give it a try. Picked up a bottle at local Whole Foods last Friday and it's now Wednesday and this product is a keeper after only 4 uses!

Price- $7.99 for 11oz at WF...can't beat it.
Quality - the best cream I've tried yet. Better than CO Bigelow in a tube for me.
Scent - The stuff smells awesome but doesn't linger long enough.
Latherability - The best! Three pumps from the bottle into a mug and within 30 seconds you've got a great lather.
Efficacy- This morning I had my first 4 pass shave and the stuff held up incredibly. Thick and slick lather and I could really tell a difference in my quality of the shave. Great!
Moisturizing Properties - Another incredible rating. My wife commented last night that I "looked younger" and also on how soft my face felt...never a bad thing! Absolutely no greasy feeling either.
Packaging - It's a plastic bottle from a grocery store. But who cares with a product this good?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I agree 100% can't believe this product has been at a grocery store (Whole Foods) in my neighborhood under my nose all this time. I tried high end products and thought this must be the best. After readingn your review, I bought some KMF, in the pumper (what the heck), and was amazed at the results. Thanks for the heads up.
I've been using this for several years, even back in my Mach3 / Fusion days. Back then I used it brushless. SWMBO bought it by accident, thinking it was their lotion and gave it to me. I was very skeptical at first but fell in love right away. When I converted to a brush and DE I was astounded that my favorite cream worked so well for REAL shaving. Of course, now I have incurable SSAD and SCAD, but it's still in my rotation. I also keep the unscented on hand to add a squirt to an underperforming soap. Fixes it right up!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is my first full package of shave cream, and I love it so far. I've used the VDH and William's soaps, and also tried out the AOS unscented cream, and the KMF has the AOS beat by far. I thought the AOS was nice until I started using this, and then tried out the AOS again last night. I realized that I couldn't work up as thick of a lather witht he AOS as I could with the Kiss My Face. I plan on trying some of the nicer creams at some point, but I'm really in no rush to spend more on something that will probably not be that much better for me. My only qualm with this is that, I too, would like the scent to be a little more bold.

This one's definitely going to stay on my shelf for a long time, and I plan on trying out the other KMF scents soon.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This product lathers very well, just a few quick strokes of the brush and it balloons up. The scent is very light, doesn't overpower anything. I actually love the dispenser, it looks like a soft soap hand washing product (don't leave it on the counter or else someone will try to wash their hands with it) it dispenses the right amount and is very clean.

Overall a tremendous product at an unbelievable price!
As with the other KMF products, the packaging doesn't quite place the product to its intended market. The cute girl who works in our local health-food & naturals store didn't realize that this product was actually a shaving cream (I forgive her, though, as she laughed at my joke about 'Kiss My Face' reminding me of Bart Simpson's 'eat my shorts').

Where was I?

Yes - As others have noted, the scent is subtle and tends to dissipate quickly. Personally, I would say this is no bad thing as a strong lather scent limits one's choices for A/S scents.

Great product at excellent value. The lather can be a little too wet and there is a fairly narrow 'sweet spot', obviously, for the best water/cream ratio. That said, it is an excellent moisturizer and very slick. As an easily available product, this is a superb daily-driver.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
PRICE - $6.50 at Harris-Teeter
QUALITY - Amazing. It's so great you would actually be difficult to make a mistake when using it.
SCENT - Kiss My Face's Achilles Tendon. It's very subtle and that's all as well because what smell it does have doesn't impress. My favorite mint is easily Proraso. Having said that - I would take this scent over that of the canned goo any day.
LATHERABILITY - This is only cream I have used that Ican honestly say is meringue like. It makes wispy peaks on my brush!
EFFICACY - Whatever that means.
MOISTURIZING PROPERTIES - Very nice
PACKAGING - Simple tube
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
KMF Mint is my daily creme. I love the scent, and only wish is were stronger and longer lasting. I love the pump bottle because it is so easy to just put one pump squeeze into a lathering bowl and brush up a ton of lather, enough for 3-4 passes. While I do not necessarily feel it gives a better shave than other creams and/or soaps, it certainly is just as good and is more convenient to use due to the pump. Two thumbs up!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price: I have seen this at many different organic food store ranging form 6-10 dollars for the 11oz pump, so you can find it cheap.

Quality: First off its all natural so that is a plus for many people. secondly this stuff lathers almost as good as the "high end" creams.

Scent: At first I wasn't that excited about the peppermint smell, since I like more spicy, woody, and musky scents. Well after my first pass I re-lathered and started my second pass and WOW it had a great cooling effect after each stroke. The cooling effect was close to C.O. Bigelow for me.

Latherability: I did find I had to spend a little more time to get a great lather going in my bowl. Once I did though I was blown away and had so much lather I could have made 10 passes if I had wanted. I put about 1.2 times the amount I usually do with my other creams, but it made 3 times the amount of lather.

Efficacy: I didn't use my pre-shave oil for the first time in weeks and was scared at first. Other times I had skipped the pre-shave oil I got a little redness and razor burn. To my surprise I had NETHER after using just KMF cream.

Moisturizing Properties: I would say it's about average, nothing special here.

Packaging: I had to put N/A because I have the 1oz travel sample I got for $1.30. Although I have seen the pump and picked it up in the store. I can say it seems like the pump aspect would be convenient, but I can imagine it looking cheap next to my Tubs and other creams. Some people might not care about this. :euro:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
D
Recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I've just finished a great shave using this product along with my Merkur Slant razor and a fresh Red Persona . It has left my face as smooth as a piece of glass and feeling moisturized. Given the price of this product and the results that it gives, it really should be in everyones rotation.
Packaging is OK and given the size of the pump bottles and how little is needed to produce a good lather it will last a very long time. Three Cheers for this one!!!:001_smile:001_smile:001_smile
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I do like this shave cream, but it could use a little tweaking or improvement.

Price: Excellent...for your money, it is a GREAT deal! You get a lot for so little, more so than with other brands.

Quality: A very good product for the money.

Scent: I really like the scent of mint as a fragrance, but in this product line, it could use a little more mint scent. It wasn't quite strong enough for me...IMHO.

Latherability: It lathered very nicely, didn't take much effort at all...quick and creamy. However, I had to keep reapplying throughout the shave because it dried out a little.

Efficacy: It got the job done with no cuts or weepies...'nuf said.

Moisturizing Properties: It stayed moist during the shave somewhat, but when I finished shaving, my face felt nice and comfortably shaved, but did not have any moisture left over.

Packaging: A very nice convenient pump and large bottle; packaging was nice but nothing exciting like the premium brands.

Overall, I would highly recommend this product as an add-on in your shaving arsenal/rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I bought this stuff because it is cheap and I love the light minty smell that I noticed it had at the store. There is a lot of it and the packaging is cheap but effective. Also, the mint cooling on the skin is a godsend down here in Florida
Kiss my face is now one of my favorite creams. As what has been said before- excellent latherbility and all the rest of the properties that make a good shave cream. I have all the T's and Castle and Forbes and this performs with the best of them. I can't wait to try the peach scented cream. On a side note- If you want an extra smooth shave with super cooling properties, mix a few drops of magic shave oil into the cream. It makes for a super chilling face blasting mix.
Top Bottom