What's new

Kiss My Face Moisture Shave Cool Mint

Item Description

This review is for the 11 oz/375 ml pump dispenser version.

I cannot believe this has not been reviewed yet. Allow me to confess my love for the Kiss My Face Cool Mint Shave Cream. This is the first review to which I have given all 10s, and for good reason - I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Price - 11 oz for about $6 bucks?!? Available locally!?! Definitely a 10.

Quality - This cream is equal with the 3Ts at a fraction of the cost. The packaging is sparse and all plastic, but the pump is very effective and easy to use. Definitely a 10.

Scent - Smells great! Minty goodness! 10!

Latherability - This is meant to be a brushless cream, but I never use it that way. I have had zero problems ever lathering this stuff. It just explodes into lather when it just sees the brush, and working it just a little extra really gives the lather a stout and slippery goodness that stands up on your brush like meringue. 10.

Efficacy - Fantastic, great shaving lather. Slick, moisturizing, smells awesome. 10.

Moisturizing - The name "moisture shave" is right in the title. That it is. 10.

Packaging - Eh, it's plastic. The pump works very well for doling out the right amount. What more do you want for $6? 10!

This cream is on par with any offering from the major English firms at a fraction of the cost. I can find this cream locally in my small podunk town in the USA without a problem. The shave cream is all natural and organic, no artifical colors, flavors or additives, and not tested on animals. I cannot really find anything to knock this cream except I may have to use a bit more of the cream than other lines, but the cost is so minimal and you get so much product that it is not a problem. This is just an outstanding product in my book - highly recommended. It makes an excellent "first cream" for anyone new and just starting into wetshaving. From the KMF website:

COOL MINT MOISTURE SHAVE - 11OZ

Our Cool Mint Moisture Shave contains a moisturizing formula with antiseptic Peppermint to cool and stimulate, emollients Olive Oil and Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera for healing. Goldenseal heals and acts as an antiseptic. Arnica aids circulation. Lady's Mantle is an astringent and has styptic properties. Sage, Horsetail, and Orangeflower act as astringents and refreshers. Soapwort is rich lathering, effective with acne, and like Lemon Grass, cleansing. Vitamins A and E, the nutrients so important for healthy skin, complete the shave. As always, our products contain no animal ingredients, artificial colors, or unnecessary chemicals and were not tested on animals.

Ingredients

Water, Potassium Myristate, Sodium Myristate, Propylene Glycol, TEA Stearate, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamins A & D, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Allantoin, Lecithin, Extracts of Peppermint, Lime, Lady’s Mantle, Soapwort, Horsetail, Watercress, Lemongrass, Sage, Goldenseal, Orange Flower, Arnica, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate

Latest reviews

Pros: Awesome lather, nice cooling effect, smells good
I have to admit this stuff lathers so easily that it's almost fool-proof. The scent is nice and it has a pleasant cooling effect with pretty good post-shave care as well. Price-wise, it's reasonable.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cost
Cheap and good. The only issue if you put it in a rotation with other soaps the nozzle gets gunked up inside.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
There is not enough praise that I can give this brand - of the few creams I've tried, this one seems to be the best choice in terms of value, quality, and quantity.

Price: This is 7.99 for 325ml.. a price that is extremely hard to beat.

Quality: This cream lathers better than any other I have used, just one pump from the huge tub gives you enough lather for 3 passes. This stuff has ingredients in it that do wonders for one's face.

Scent: The scent is pretty good, in that it isn't totally non-existent, though the mint does have a slight medicinal quality to it IMO, but like all things, YMMV, and that should not be a reason for you to not use this cream.

Latherability: Lathers as well as, or better, than TOBS. I have not tried the other two T's, but this stuff lathers so easily that to have a product do it any faster really isn't necessary. It builds thick lather with a 3 second face scrub, and that is as close to perfect as I would like.

Efficacy: It gets the job done with fantastic results every time :thumbup:

Moisturizing Properties: The olive oil and aloe vera seem to work wonders for this stuff. I can't ever get dry skin from this stuff, no matter how little I apply.

Packaging: This could use a touch up. The design could be better, but in light of the outstanding quality of the rest of it, this is pretty much irrelevant. The pump bottle is actually a really great and fool-proof way of giving you precise amounts of cream, and assures the user won't waste any.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)