What's new

Kiss My Face Key Lime

Pros: price
Cons: none
I hadn't seen this on shelves locally until the other day and picked up the Key Lime, just because I'm not a big mint fan. It took a bit to lather properly (very thirsty) but once it did, it was great. I'm not sold on the pump dispenser yet. Post shave feel was pretty good. Followed with some Lucky Tiger and then Canoe.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I gave a 5 for packaging because I don't like the pump option. The tube works better, IMHO.

That's the only complaint I could possibly find with this stuff. I like how easy it is to lather and the scent is good, but not overpowering at all. My tube of KMF Key Lime lasted all summer last year and I enjoyed every morning's shave. I can whip up a enough lather to last 3 solid passes and still have enough to go back and get those little bits. My face always felt smooth afterwards. I plan on using this for the coming summer, too.
KMF - What can I say that hasn't already been said? Good stuff, and totally worth the 4 or so bucks. I personally liked the lime scent, which was there, but not overbearing. This KMF dried up a little on my face, though, so I left that mark at a 6. I also found I needed more than my usual dab, which was why I gave it a 9 on price, not a 10 (probably not go as far as my Musgo). But that's really it, on a scale of 1-10 overall this is 7ish - cheap, effective, nice lube, and a good smeller. (Oh, I had the tube, which I liked because of the flip-open top, which makes for easy closing with wet hands.)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
These people should get Billy Dee Williams to endorse their product, because it works every time. Fabulous lather, easy to work up (lathers even without a brush), great lubricity. Great, close shave every time. The drawback, as everyone has said, is the iffy scent. There's no actual lime in the bottle -- I assume that this is because lime is a photosensitizer -- and the result is that it's my least favorite scent.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Seems to do a good job, but not really very limey. A touch slimy to me, but the shave was good.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I just finished up a four ounce tube of KMF Key Lime Moisture Shave, so I figured it was high time to contemplate and review it.

Price: It's cheap. Sure, it is not the cheapest kid on the shaving block, but a good value nonetheless, not to mention locally available.

Quality: Overall, KMF is pretty good shaving cream. It works, is easy to lather, and lathers well. I don't know about all of you, but all that makes for a quality shaving cream in my opinion.

Scent: If KMF Key Lime fails anywhere, then this is it. Does it smell like limes? If by smell you mean a vague, faint, subtle hint of lime, then, yes, it does sort of limes. But let's be honest here, if it wasn't for the label I would be hard pressed to call it lime scented. I have smelt much better and much stronger limes. Is it bad? No, but if you really want a lime scent cream or soap, then I would look elsewhere.

Lather: It's slick, cushioning, and thick! Even better, along with a little water, this stuff practically lathers itself! Great stuff!

Efficacy: Did I mention that it practically lathers itself? Even if I did, KMF gives a nice, comfortable shave.

Moisturizing: Moisturizing? Yes. After all, it isn't called Moisture Shave for nothing.

Packaging: Found in either a tube or a pump bottle, the packaging is functional but not much to look at.

Overall, KMF Key Lime is pretty darn good stuff. Is it the best stuff out there? No, but it good and can definitely see myself trying other KMF shaving creams in the future.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Decided to try KMF, after reading several reports on its wonderful latherability. In terms of whipping some serious lather, it didn't disappoint a bit: A couple of drops, hot water and a badger brush created a mountain of lather in under 15 seconds. The same goes for moisturizing and slickness.

I was not particularly enamored by the scent: Yes, it is key lime, but with a heavy dose of soapy properties. As many people have pointed out, the packaging is downright girlie.

Well, all in all, for $4.99 it is a definite steal...
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I feel that KMF Key Lime is a great option for something that can be picked up locally at most whole food markets and general supermarkets that have a health food/organic products section.

As said above, the cream lathers up very well and allows for a pretty decent shave. The only downside to this cream is that the scent seems to leave the lather rather quickly, but I can't really complain about it.

:thumbup: KMF Key Lime :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I received some last Christmas as a stocking stuffer and I've been rotating this one throughout the year.
Most big grocery stores seem to stock KMF, making it widely available and the price is pretty reasonable considering the quality and availability.
Makes great lather and has a nice subtle lime scent, though I do tend to use this more often in combination with VDH glycerin soap.

If I had anything negative to say, I'd say the scent could be stronger, but that's not much of a complaint.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Forgive me, I use this more with superlather than anything. I normally use it with QED Wild Orange, and the scent is one of the best I've smelled in a shaving cream/soap. Smells like grapefruit :w00t: :w00t: The stuff is also very good on it's own.

Price is an easy 10. The scent is there but subtle, but if something is citrus-scented and a bit weak I'll just add some EO to it. Latherability is very good, as is efficacy. I'm not taking off points for packaging; it's a large pump bottle that does it's job.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I tried this among many others and it really is that good! You can't beat the price at around $7 for 11 oz. It lathers well without using much allowing several passes with ease. Some use one pump, but I like the two pump method myself. It lathers very easily and feels good on your face, not quite as good as Tom's of Maine, but nice nonetheless. The smell is weak, but you can smell the mint. For me it moisturizes fairly well.
One of my favorites so far and I bought a few of the scents in the tubes.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I picked up a tube of this stuff the other day, mostly because I've been without lime cream for a while and had a craving :blush:

I've shaved with it for three days straight now, and all I can say is WOW!

For the price, you're not going to find a much better deal than Kiss My Face...the tube as well as the pump are both wonderful deals, as you don't need much for stellar lather.

This stuff lathers as well as any other cream or soap I've used to date, and my shaves have been consistently good. Actually, today I didn't even use an ASB and my skin feels wonderful!

The only place that I deduct a few points is the scent...it is quite nice, I only wish it were stronger.

If you haven't had your Kiss My Face experience yet, go out and get yourself some! It will not disappoint.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Ya know I get so caught up in superlathers that it had been a while since I tried the KFM Lime by itself. Man, does it whip up a good lather. At first, I think it's not going to turn out very well. It doesn't look very exciting, sitting there in the bowl.. kind of an off-white cream that is probably more runny than any other cream I've used. Then you start mixing and it starts off very "sudsey" and kind of dry-looking. Keep stirring. Add a little water. Soon you have some amazingly slick lather. Gobs of it. Goes on really nice, and once you have the lather made, it doesn't dry out. I get great protection, even for those passes that I normally wouldn't try with, say, Williams soap. The scent is ok, a very sweet lime (yea, like a pie). It doesn't really do much for me, but it doesn't offend either. It's a great cream to use if you plan on following up with some kind of Bay Rum aftershave or cologne.

This is a great "practice" cream if you're new to lathering, because it really almost lathers itself. You don't have to be as careful with the water ratio as you do with, say Proraso. The price is right too. Other than the somewhat ho-hum scent, I can't find fault with this cream.

-Mason
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I normally don't write a review after only one use, but I was so surprised by this product I had to chime in. I used 3 pumps and created a bowl full of thick, slick lather. I'll probably try using just 2 pumps next time as 3 may have been overkill. The cream has almost the same consistency as Proraso green, but a tad more loose. The scent in the bottle is nice. It smells like real limes. Its too bad that when you lather it up the scent pretty much disappears. The shave was excellent. Nice glide with no skipping. I had no problems with the cream drying out. The moisturizing properties seemed better than average. At $5.99 for an 11oz bottle you can't go wrong. The packaging let's it down a bit and could use an update. I enjoyed this cream very much and got a nice shave from it. I bought a bottle of KMF lavender as well and look forward to trying that soon. If these results continue I might be adding a new favorite to the rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I used this product for the first time today. I expected to be blown away by the key lime smell. I suppose I expected a scent more like key lime pie than key lime. This cream smells like key lime, not the pie. It is not particularly sweet at all. It is rather subdued as well. The price is in the $7.00 dollar range and can't be beat. I personally used three squirts out of the bottle for a three pass shave and that was just about perfect. Granted, my dispenser did not give me a strong discharge from the bottle. This cream did lather up fairly quickly. However, it starts out rather thin. Keep at it to enrich. The lather improved on face application. This cream will thicken up on the face even after the second pass. It holds up very well and does not dry out significantly during the pass. I used a flair tip super speed with a fresh Crystal this morning. I had no blade skip and no irratation at all. My face felt very smooth and moist after the shave. I usually use a balm after shaving. Today, I was tempted to do without it.
On my quest for lime shave creams, I ran across Kiss My Face brands. It sounded sort of girly, but the reviews here were uniformly positive. So what the heck. 11oz for $6.99? How can you beat that?

I got it and it sat for a while since, in my zeal, I accumulated a LOT of stuff to go through. But my chin was sort of beat up from some over-vigorous buffing to get the last little hair with a dullish blade. Ooops. Something really comforting was called for (along with a modicum of common sense, sadly sometimes absent). I thought about my open tube of Palmolive, but I'd played with that already. Derby unscented? Nah, works great but it's boring.

Mama Bears soap would have taken care of me, or the T&H, TSD or Tryphon creams. But that pump bottle had been sitting there calling my name. Last night I took my brush and experimented with whipping up a lather using my new Vulfix 660 in super badger, just to see. Wow! Smells nice. Not overwhelming or even very strong (sadly - I want LIME, dangit!) and the lather was slick!

So this morning my Merkur 38C and a fresh Derby blade teamed up with the KMF Key Lime. Very, very nice shave indeed. I had lots of very slick lather, and in fact was able to go back after a few problem spots without re-lathering and without discomfort. I didn't even have to rinse my face off, since it came away cleanly with just a hand towel. There is no tightness or any feeling of leftover junk on my skin. Just a smooth, clean shave with zero irritation. The only problem is that it's TOO easy. The stuff whips right up with no effort at all, so the time spent inhaling the aroma of limes, what there is of it, is minimal. I didn't even need a bowl. I just pumped some into my hand and lathered right there with the wet brush. Getting all the lather out of the brush took a bit of rinsing, the stuff is so dense.

I am buying a tube to put in my travel kit. This is a definite keeper!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)