What's new

King of Shaves K24 SPF 8 Moisturizer

I decided to complete my trifecta of reviews for the last of the three King of Shaves products I currently use. This one will be specifically for KOS K24 SPF 8 face moisturizer.

Used as the last step in KOS' "PRIME, SHAVE, PROTECT" regimen, the K24 moisturizer is a very basic, yet efficient moisturizer. It comes in a 100ml tube similar in design to many of the KOS packaging, and squeezes out as a thick, white goo.

After washing and shaving my face, I quickly pat-dried my mug and squirted out a small amount(about the size of a dime) of the moisturizer into my hands.
Smoothing out the cream on my face, I noticed that it didn't take very long for it to absorb into the skin, and there was no burning or tingling--often signs of excessive alcohol content in products.

The cream wasn't greasy and didn't have an over-bearing smell. It smelled like un-scented hand-cream or lotion. It is probably un-scented because it is classified as being suitable for sensitive skin (which often results in no obvious scents). After about one minute, the cream was completely absorbed and I was out the door, ready to face my day. The cream did a considerable job of keeping my face matt (non shiny), and soft. I did notice, however, that by 10pm, the moisture was beginning to fade. Still, the feeling wasn't unbearable to the point where I needed to apply more.

Ingredients such as vitamin E, creatine, and UVA/UVB filters are added benefits to this already great product. It's nice to know that in one cream, one gets mostly all day moisture and protection.

It has been mentioned that continued use will reduce wrinkles, and improve the quality of one's skin. While I cannot attest to the anti-wrinkles claim (only in my late twenties!), it has been great for evening-out my complexion and reducing redness and acne scars.

One downside of this cream is that it does contain five parabens. As mentioned in an earlier review, parabens are preservatives that can alter hormones in the body. If you are sensitive about that, or have had bad experiences with parabens, then this cream might not be for you.

Otherwise, that's it, that's all. No mess, no fuss, no problem.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)