What's new

Kiehl's Facial Fuel (with SPF 15)

This is my go to "aftershave".
I've been using this for several years.
This all-in-one product does it all for me - soothe the odd razor burn, moisturize & when I use the one with SPF, protect against sun damage.
I prefer the plain non SPF version, due to the slightly greater cooling menthol effect.
If I had to give up all others & only have one product for the face, post shave or otherwise, this would be it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I have used this product frequently the past few years. Kiehl's always has great, high quality products. However, I think the price is rather high. I have been using other products, much less expensive, successfully. As a treat product, I would recommend it. For every day use, it is rather expensive.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I'm surprised that this hasn't been reviewed as an AS balm yet. I originally sampled this for use as a daily SPF 15 product. I have tried many SPF 15 products, and dislike most if not all of them for one or more reasons: greasy; tacky; chalky residue; grandma scent; etc. This is by far the best SPF 15 product I have used, and I probably won't buy anything else going forward. It is non-greasy, has little to no oil in it, and has a nice, crisp, and subtle scent. When I first tried it, I noticed a slight cooling touch, which prompted me to check the ingredients list. OK, it has alcohol listed as the third ingredient (which I like, but others may not) and MENTHOL somewhere in the middle of the list. With this knowledge, I figured (correctly) that it could be used as an effective AS balm.

Price is definitely a downside. I paid $35.00 for a 4.2 oz tube. This is pretty spendy in my book, but worth it for the high quality. Plus, a little goes a long way with this product. Nordstrom carries the Kiehl's line and you can get free samples of this if you visit them.

The menthol cooling sensation is faint, but is definitely there. I personally also like the slight alcohol tingle. The scent is not overpowering, and it's very clean. I am terrible at describing smells, so I recommend trying a sample for yourself.

Efficacy and moisturizing are as good as it gets. After all, this is marketed as a "moisture treatment for men." The product also contains a bunch of other ingredients that are supposed to perform miracles, but I can't really comment on that.

If you have a few hours to kill, I invite you to read the ingredients list here, which I painstakingly copied from the tube itself (in order of appearance): Active Ingredients: ensulizole 1.8%; octinoxate 7.5%. Inactive Ingredients: water; glycerin; alcohol denat.; silica; propylene glycol; cyclohexasiloxane; triethanolamine; dimethicone; ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate; stearic acid; phenoxyethanol; PEG-100 stearate; glyceryl stearate; cetyl alcohol; tocopheryl acetate; chlorphenesin; methylparaben; fragrance; dimethiconol; caffeine; zea mays (corn) germ oil; pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate; menthol; limonene; glycine soja (soybean) oil; tocopherol; biosaccharide gum-1; disodium EDTA; citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract; citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel extract; stearyl alcohol; myristyl alcohol; ascorbyl glucoside; castanea sativa (chestnut) extract; hydrolyzed soy protein; linalool; silica dimethyl silylate; citral; sodium chondroitin sulfate; atelo-collagen; blue 1; red 4 fmla 685327/4; and kitchen sink.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)