What's new

Karo (Kapo) Shaving Cream

Item Description

This cream is made by Alen Mak (http://www.alenmak.bg) in Bulgaria.

I could only find the regular tube down under but still, good stuff.

The scent is somehow a old school barbershop scent that reminds me of an old man. It's all right. Some traces of citrus and that's it.

The lather works well. For $2.20 AUD, it's worth a try.

I can't seem to find it anymore. They removed it from the selves now.

I must have 2-3 shaves left in the tube so I hope this review helps someone.

Would I buy it again? No but it was worth the try. It's a good stuff but the old man scent is the killer for me. It reminds me a bit of Wilkinson Sword black bowl scent...

Latest reviews

Pros: Lathers so easily, smells traditional
Cons: Impossible to find in North America
The Karo Classic is a great cream. So easy to lather with a nice, old-school scent and quite moisturizing and protective. I'd rate this variant a lot higher than the "Fresh" one which to me has inferior post-shave care and a not-so-nice scent although it also lathers very well. Darn, I wish this cream would be available in North America but such is life. Another winner from Bulgaria!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, cushion, slickness
Cons: Hard to come by in 'Straya
I got a tube of the Classic cream and find it very enjoyable. It seems to be a well made product that does exactly what you would expect of it.

The scent is (to me) very pleasant, olde time and with just a touch of citrus. Most enjoyable.

The lather is rich, creamy and protective. The level of menthol is noticeable, but by no means strong. Maybe a bit less than is found in Proraso Blue, if that helps you. My skin felt good after the shave

The shave itself was fairly effortless (Gem Micromatic OC with a fresh Gem blade). At no time did I feel a lack of slickness or that the blade was getting too close. A pleasant experience overall.

I didn't feel especially moisturised post shave, but that's why you have post shave balms I suppose.

The tube looks attractive in the bathroom vanity and being a plastic tube won't have any problems with leakages. Of course that assumes the cap doesn't break, which seems to happen on some brands.

Overall I'm glad I gave this brand a go.

Edit: Dag nab it, the damn cap broke!!!! <8(
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is the stuff i used when i first start wet shaving 15 years ago,my dad used it before me and his dad used it before him,its the most popular old school cream in Bulgaria,it has been discontinued or will be soon so i grabbed 6 that i could find. Can't beat the price and the lather is very moisturising and slick, will most likely pick more of this if i can find more,the scent is old barber shop type of smell,nothing too fancy but i like it very much!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)