What's new

Kanon- Norwegian Wood

Item Description

For those of you who know it, the original Kanon was introduced back in '67. Recently, the brand was sold off to Palm Beach Beaute by its original owners, Scannon. PBB decided to add to the line with a more "modern" cologne, aptly named Norwegian Wood.

First, the appearance. This is a light amber coloured cologne, in a very unique bottle that has a massive wooden cap. The quality of the atomizer is very good.

Next, the cologne. This is very sweet compared to the original, with a ton of woods present. I don't think this is a "synthetic" smelling scent compared to most of the colognes on department store shelves today. Drydown is very warm, and it has massive staying power.

Finally, the intent. I think in making a cologne with this degree of sweetness, it was intended for younger men, perhaps for everyday wear. I'd suggest using it very sparingly, since its sillage goes quite far from the body. I've been told by the company that people who prefer a "classic" scent should try the original Kanon, and I'm inclined to agree. It has a more powdery, less sweet drydown, for one.

Latest reviews

I picked this up as part of a gift package (EDT and Aftershave) from Marshall's at a ridiculously low price. I didn't have any great expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's very woody...the scents of sandalwood and cedar seem to predominate, but I'm not a fragrance expert, so there's probably a lot more going on than I can differentiate.

One caution...the scent is strong, a little on the sweet side, and lasts all day. Apply judiciously if you don't want to knock over your office mates.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
For those of you who know it, the original Kanon was introduced back in '67. Recently, the brand was sold off to Palm Beach Beaute by its original owners, Scannon. PBB decided to add to the line with a more "modern" cologne, aptly named Norwegian Wood.

First, the appearance. This is a light amber coloured cologne, in a very unique bottle that has a massive wooden cap. The quality of the atomizer is very good.

Next, the cologne. This is very sweet compared to the original, with a ton of woods present. I don't think this is a "synthetic" smelling scent compared to most of the colognes on department store shelves today. Drydown is very warm, and it has massive staying power.

Finally, the intent. I think in making a cologne with this degree of sweetness, it was intended for younger men, perhaps for everyday wear. I'd suggest using it very sparingly, since its sillage goes quite far from the body. I've been told by the company that people who prefer a "classic" scent should try the original Kanon, and I'm inclined to agree. It has a more powdery, less sweet drydown, for one.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
speakerwire
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...
Top Bottom