What's new

KAI razor blades

Stainless steel DE razor blade
Pros: Makes a mild razor more efficient
Smooth and sharp
Longevity
Cons: Pricey
A smooth operator

Wonderful blade whit larger dimensions edge to edge which can lift a mild razor to new heights.

I love these in my broman for that closer shave with this half de mild pivot head razor.

In the broman I have clocked 6 weeks of daily shaving with a single de blade and that outlasts other used blades by 3-4 weeks.

It is more expensive but it lasts longer.

Recommended!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth and forgiving shaves
Cons: Pricey, not as sharp as typical Russian blades (GSB, 7OC green)
I didn't care for the Kai in my vintage Gillette's (Fatboy, late 40's Aristocrat) because they just didn't feel as sharp as my normal Russian blade choices. Moving to the Rockwell 6s with plate R3, they are perfect.

The Kai is a bit on the costly side compared to other blades but I can easily push a blade to a full week of daily shaving with no noticeable performance drop. When paired with my Rockwell, they offer such a smooth, forgiving shave they are worth the added expense.

My beard is what I would classify as medium density, and I have to shave daily, so I need a blade that can deliver a perfect shave early in the morning and not leave me nursing irritation or other shave defects as I'm trying to get out the door, and that is where the Kai is ideal for my razor, prep and beard.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Good for with the grain shaves
Cons: Not as sharp or as firm as feather blades. Suck while going against the grain.
Bought them with Muhle open comb razor. Recommended by the sales person. Used them with three razors, Merkur adjustable, Edwin Jagger closed comb and the latest purchase Muhle open comb razors.
I have been using feathers mostly for last three years. I would keep buying other blades with shaving soaps and brushes buy end up going back to feather blades.
Kai I felt were not as sharp as feathers. Especially they would cause a lot of nicks and cuts while going against the grain. Nearly impossible to go against the grain while using an open razor with Kai blades.
I had restricted their use to 2 pass with the grain shaves when in hurry.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, mid-priced, high quality
Cons: Not as good as Feather Blades but very close.
I bought some of these in a variety pack sale. I really like them. They are better than most but still they are not as sharp as Feather blades and they don't last quite as long. However, these blades would be in my top five blades. If you like a blade that is sharp but not too sharp, this one is for you. I personally prefer a blade like this one because it allows you to use a little more pressure thus allowing a better feel and control over those stubborn areas where too much pressure equals a cut or scrap.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Thicker than Feather, doesn't flex or "chatter". Lasts longer. Great packaging--easy to get blade out of wrapper.
Cons: Pricey. And, for me, still not as smooth as an Astra.
Another one of those "worth a try" blades. I think some razor/blade combos are just better for individual shavers and their techniques, and I still get a little "tug" on my beard with the Kai that I don't get with my old reliable Astra blades. Put it this way--if I can only use a blade once, Feather is good. For 4 shaves, give me an Astra. 5 shaves or even more, take the Kai--they do have staying power.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Very close shave, smooth as silk.
Cons: Cost more than most, but you usually don't get top quality for cheap.
I bought a Feather AS-D2 around a year ago and it worked fine. When I got around to trying the Kai blades, it changed everything. I gave away my other blades and only use the Kai blades now. Get super close shave and no irritation or cuts like I would get with feather blades. Blades cost more, but I usually get a full week out a blade.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)